Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Colorado Attraction of the Day! 8/13/12

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Today's attraction is the Mt. Princeton Hotsprings near Buena Vista, CO.  There is a hotel and dining there although I have never stayed there.  They have multiple pools though for different activities and then they have the actual hot springs in the river.  I don't have any pictures of my own since I haven't been since I was a kid but here is info from their website.  The area around it is beautiful too!

Water Temp: 103°

pools.

SOAKING POOL.

The soaking pools reach around 105 degrees and are surrounded by a serene setting of Colorado beauty.

Exercise POOL.

The exercise pool, just outside the historic bath house, sits at a comfortable 90 degree temperature. At the end of the pool is a large outdoor fireplace that sets the perfect atmosphere for lounging with close friends or family.

Relaxation pool.

The Relaxation Pool offers a break from the crowds. This is our premier offering.  The relaxation area is only open to overnight adult resort guests.  With ample seating and a more quiet environment, this is the place to wind-down. This area will also house the new Spa at Mt. Princeton coming fall of 2011.

CHALK CREEK.

30 accessible small creek pools line Chalk Creek allowing for a natural feel to your relaxing soak. Due to ice and snow melt, these creek pools close each spring during run-off.

UPPER POOL.

The upper pool provides accommodations for any crowd. Enjoy a relaxing float on the lazy river, or release your inner child and slide down the 400 foot water slide. The upper pool is open daily from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day.  Hours are from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Sunday through Thursday and 10:00 am to 7:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.

POOL HOURS.

9am to 9pm :: Sunday through Thursday

9am to 10pm :: Friday & Saturday

*The water slide is open from Memorial to Labor Day.

*The creek is subject to shutdown do to rain events or runoff.  

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
scurnes
by Sara on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM
That looks really cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Omg that looks awesome! I know where Dh and I are going for our next weekend away now! lol

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Omg that looks awesome! I know where Dh and I are going for our next weekend away now! lol

I know, I would love for DH and I to be able to go there for a getaway!

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
How aewsome. I have been to BV but never the hot springs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirl06
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM

We went there, from what I remeber it was a lot of fun and very relaxing too, I would love to go back someday !

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting countrygirl06:

We went there, from what I remeber it was a lot of fun and very relaxing too, I would love to go back someday !

I hope to go back someday too!  I am all about relaxing, lol. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Leah, is this what you were looking for?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)