Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Do you garden?

Jambo4
Why are there so many trolls on CM? I am so sorry your life is unfulfilled.
Friday at 3:28 PM
Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 27 Replies

How did it go this year? (and still going...lol)

I am growing pumpkins this time for the first year.. so far so good.  I also have had raspberries all summer!  I'm not sure what's up with that, but I won't knock it.  ha ha..

I wanted to show you my corn!  The first year I did corn, they were only about 3/4 size ears.  This year they were skinny (not much girth), but delicious!

Show me your pics of what you grew!

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahjz
by Sarah on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice!  I don't have photos from this year....nothing did very well.  Still hoping to get some tomatoes though!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

For some reason I have the black thumb of death when it comes to plants lol 

I killed a cactus once. For serious. l have no idea how that happened! I must have touched it at some point....

cassiekitty7
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't grow anything here.  I have scrub brush for a yard and no real dirt iguess.  you would have to be a bright green thumb (Ihave a brown thumb - everything dies) and VERY committed to do it.  I sure it can be done, but not by me.  My daughter really wants one, can't wait until we move so I can help her. 

scurnes
by Sara on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a bunch of pumpkin plants that keep flowering but not producing. Oh well at least we tried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HKing01
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I haven't done any gardening since I moved from Mississippi 5 years ago. It was easy down there, I don't really know about gardening in this climate and I don't really have a good yard for it here. I would love to do some gardening though, I'll have to study up on it, maybe do some container gardening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

We did a summer garden. We had a TON of yellow squash, bunches of cherry tomatoes and onions, potatoes and carrots still in the ground. We did corn as well, but beetles decided they liked it too, so we had to throw a bunch out. I was just thinking it might be time to start some fall/winter veggies.

everydayjill
by Robyn on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Yep!

Jambo4
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Quoting HKing01:

I haven't done any gardening since I moved from Mississippi 5 years ago. It was easy down there, I don't really know about gardening in this climate and I don't really have a good yard for it here. I would love to do some gardening though, I'll have to study up on it, maybe do some container gardening.

Colorado does have it's challenges.  My friends back East always brag that you drop a seed on the ground and that's about it... ding, instant produce. =)

I've never tried container gardening... oh, take that back.. the place I lived at before I did for herbs, but they died.  Containers dry out so quickly!  There must be some art to it, but I never mastered it. wink mini

Jambo4
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting everydayjill:

Yep!

Fantastic!  Your carrots and beets are much more impressive than mine.  Do you store your produce?  If you do, what is your method of choice?

Jambo4
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Nighttiger:

We did a summer garden. We had a TON of yellow squash, bunches of cherry tomatoes and onions, potatoes and carrots still in the ground. We did corn as well, but beetles decided they liked it too, so we had to throw a bunch out. I was just thinking it might be time to start some fall/winter veggies.

I've got tons of yellow squash too.. not sure how my potatoes are doing (I just planted the ones that were sprouting in my potato bin..lol)  

I did want to ask about a fall garden.  I've never done one.  What do you plant?  Any tips?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)