Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Diesel Fuel

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

Anybody else use diesel in their vehicles?  It went up her $0.30 a gallon in the last few weeks!  Ugh. 

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM

We don't but the costs are ridiculous!

rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

No, thank goodness!

heydooney
by Danielle on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

No but my 5yo wants us too because it sounds cooler.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:21 PM

We don't but, ouch!

Greekmama21
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

We don't, but don't you get better mileage with diesel? I'm not very intelligent when it comes to cars:(

eema.gray
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM

We don't.  But my husband keeps saying if we get a diesel, he wants to convert it to run on vegetable oil.  Speaking of which, I just stumbled across an article about a small company that makes diesel to oil conversion kits.  About $800 dollars but a lot of fast food and similar restaurants will give their oil away rather than pay for a company to come out and empty the waste oil bin.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Greekmama21:

We don't, but don't you get better mileage with diesel? I'm not very intelligent when it comes to cars:(

Yes, you do typically get more miles to the gallon with diesel so it all evens out in the end.  Also usually diesel prices tend to stay more constant and consistant which is why I wasn't happy with such a huge leap.  Gas prices will go up and down like they have been all summer and fall but diesel has stayed the same basically this whole time.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting eema.gray:

We don't.  But my husband keeps saying if we get a diesel, he wants to convert it to run on vegetable oil.  Speaking of which, I just stumbled across an article about a small company that makes diesel to oil conversion kits.  About $800 dollars but a lot of fast food and similar restaurants will give their oil away rather than pay for a company to come out and empty the waste oil bin.

Interesting, I have never heard of that.  Cool idea though for sure.  Glad to have you back!!!!

rmspaccamonti
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I feel ya! We have a diesel pickup! Thankfully my husband only drives it to and from work so we only put fuel like every couple weeks bu still it is pricey! My poor dad drives a dumptruck for a living and has put over $1,000 in fuel in the last 3 days, it is ridiculous, diesel is way cheaper to make than regular gas but costs so much more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greekmama21
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Yes, you do typically get more miles to the gallon with diesel so it all evens out in the end.  Also usually diesel prices tend to stay more constant and consistant which is why I wasn't happy with such a huge leap.  Gas prices will go up and down like they have been all summer and fall but diesel has stayed the same basically this whole time.

Okay, this makes sense. Hopefully, they will fall soon! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN