Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Fruita Fall Festival - anyone going?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 17 Replies

http://fruitafallfestival.com/index.html

98th Annual Fruita Fall Fest

The Fruita Fall Festival is a 3-day event with over 150 vendors selling their arts, crafts and foods to a crowd of 50,000-plus. The weekend is filled with events including a youth pet and talent show, a parade, the famous bed race, and a baking and canning contest. New this year is a 5K race. Planned by the Fruita Area Chamber of Commerce as its major fundraiser, the fest is a free community event.

This year the festival is offering a 5K Race on Sunday to benefit the Fruita Middle School as well as the Fruita Area Chamber of Commerce.

The 98th Alpine Bank Fruita Fall Festival is once again pleased to present a free weekend of live music on two stages. The Circle Park Stage will feature regional and national bluegrass bands and the Civic Center Pavilion Stage will feature an eclectic mix of musical styles.

Saturday is Military Appreciation Day. In conjunction with Base Camp 40, Warrior's in the Wild, the Fall Festival will offer a full day of performances on the Pavilion Stage by several local acts including 14-yr. old Morgan Crouse, the Spare Parts Barbershop Quartet and the bluegrass sounds of Straygrass. The Scooter Brown Band will headline the Saturday Night Street Dance. Throughout the day Base Camp 40 will be taking donations for the Wounded Warrior Project and will be honoring veterans who have bravely served this great country.

Please send your Grand Marshal nominations for the 2012 parade to the Fruita Area Chamber of Commerce, 432 E. Aspen Ave, Fruita, CO 81521.

.The festival is the winner of the prestigious Best of the West award from the Daily Sentinel in 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2008.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Isn't Fruita where Mike the Headless Chicken was?

wonderouslife84
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM

i just moved away from there nope im not going to it

Greekmama21
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Not a native, where is Fruita? 

sarahjz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:25 PM

That sounds fun.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting flowerfunleah:

A headless chicken sounds less fun....

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Fruita is near Grand Junction.

Quoting Greekmama21:

Not a native, where is Fruita? 

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Sounds fun, wish I could get away and go.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Lol he's dead now.

Apparently mike was a chicken meant to meet his maker but when they chopped off his head they did a botched job of it and after running around headless for awhile he just KEPT running around like that.

For years Mike went around headless still doing his chicken business and eerily pecking at the ground!

The ironic thing? He didn't die from being headless, he didn't die from infection, he died from choking! The farmer, who kept him as a pet, would feed him with a dropper down the exposed esophagus and one day I guess his food went down the wrong tube and the poor chicken choked to death.

I'm fairly certain it's fruita that this happened in. Every year they hold a Mike The Headless Chicken festival in his honor.

Quoting sarahjz:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrstheriault
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM

the farmer choked the chicken. lol. i just lost my train of thought now. 

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Lol he's dead now.

Apparently mike was a chicken meant to meet his maker but when they chopped off his head they did a botched job of it and after running around headless for awhile he just KEPT running around like that.

For years Mike went around headless still doing his chicken business and eerily pecking at the ground!

The ironic thing? He didn't die from being headless, he didn't die from infection, he died from choking! The farmer, who kept him as a pet, would feed him with a dropper down the exposed esophagus and one day I guess his food went down the wrong tube and the poor chicken choked to death.

I'm fairly certain it's fruita that this happened in. Every year they hold a Mike The Headless Chicken festival in his honor.

Quoting sarahjz:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

heydooney
by Danielle on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG I lol'd!

Quoting mrstheriault:

the farmer choked the chicken. lol. i just lost my train of thought now. 

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Lol he's dead now.

Quoting sarahjz:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)