Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Bacon, Broncos, and Jimmy Hoffa...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 8 Replies

What an interesting news week we have had...

In Colorado, A tornado/funnel cloud was spotted east of Larkspur, and hail pounded Colorado Springs. Ann Romney's plane made an emergency stop in Colorado, and Mitt Romney made a joke about the windows not opening. The funniest part was that many in the press pool did not realize he was joking. Cinemark is being sued for lax security by several victims of the shooting in Aurora. Denver is gearing up for the Presidential Debate at DU next week. Expect to see lots of bad bumper stickers. Rockies go out with a whimper, not a bang. Broncos are 1-2, and mothers everywhere know they do NOT want their kiddos to have a DJ Williams jersey. Pueblo City Council is receiving threats of lawsuits from an atheist organization for praying at their meetings. A huge cocaine ring is busted in Broomfield- seventy million a year.

In the nation, oh my....

Impending bacon shortage looms in Europe, so people are stocking up in America. Just in case. Jimmy Hoffa might be buried, ironically enough under a suburban Michigan driveway. A Chinese billionaire has offered sixty-five million dollars to any man who can woo and marry his lesbian daughter. The daughter who is already with her longterm partner... Obama is gaining leads in many states, and Romney advisors see the debate in Colorado as a chance to turn the tide. This explains the six million yard signs popping up everywhere BUT the milk aisle in our city. Bad ref calls do more to bring the nation together in a collective outrage than anything else in decades- NFL serendipitously comes to an agreement with the referees. Thus, Bank of America gets their VP of Small business back, and football players can play more football and tweet less. Netanyahu and the red line for Iran promise to be big topics in the next few weeks. The anti-Muslim film director Nakoula is jailed for probation violations. Unfortunately these violations do not include making a crude and unmistakeably bad film simply to stir things up.

Any news I missed? Any Doug Bruce sightings or cute puppy stories?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Oh god! Not the bacon!!! Nooooo!!!

lol

scurnes
by Sara on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Bacon shortage makes me laugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
everydayjill
by Robyn on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I usually tend to be more vegetarian in my food choices, but I did eat bacon wrapped dates last night...
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I hadn't heard about the bacon shortage.....  Maybe I better stock up!  LOL.  Interesting that in all those stories the bacon one is the one that worries us the most, haha. 

sarahjz
by Sarah on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
So glad to know Romney was making a joke.
heydooney
by Danielle on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That guy should just love and accept his daughter for who she is. You can't "fix" lesbian because it's not broken!

heydooney
by Danielle on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Oh, and my MIL lives just south of Larkspur, pretty cool. Larkspur is a tiny tiny town! Also they HATE speeders.

everydayjill
by Robyn on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting heydooney:

Oh, and my MIL lives just south of Larkspur, pretty cool. Larkspur is a tiny tiny town! Also they HATE speeders.

...And it is almost impossible not to speed in Larkspur!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)