Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

A mommy win!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 15 Replies
3 moms liked this

My 5yo wanted veggies, I told him he could have some green beans if he cleaned up the living room, and he did it!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Haha that's great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Double win!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Awesome  :-)

Yesterday, my menu plan had down eggplant and tomatoes for lunch.  My kids LOVE eggplant and tomatoes.  However, as I was starting to cook, they spotted an orange cauliflower in the fridge (my CSA rarely grows white cauli's, they're almost always orange or purple) and they both **demanded** cauliflower and tomatoes for lunch.  My kids are weird, LOL

Babybear89
by Gracey on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

wow thats amazing

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

That is great!!!!!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting eema.gray:

Yesterday, my menu plan had down eggplant and tomatoes for lunch.  My kids LOVE eggplant and tomatoes.  However, as I was starting to cook, they spotted an orange cauliflower in the fridge (my CSA rarely grows white cauli's, they're almost always orange or purple) and they both **demanded** cauliflower and tomatoes for lunch.  My kids are weird, LOL

I never knew there were different colors of cauliflowers!  Do the different colors have different nutrients like the different colored bell peppers?

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM
That's awesome. People are shocked when bean asks for.fruit as a snack
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I would assume so.  I know that the colors are older "heritage" varieties developed before the beginnings of market preferences for specific colors.  Did you know that carrots also come in red, purple, and yellow varieties?  And that beets come in stripped and yellow varieties?  And that tomatoes come in pretty much the entire rainbow of colors, including stripes and excluding blue?  I've even seen pea pods and cucumbers that are yellow.  :-D

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting eema.gray:

I never knew there were different colors of cauliflowers!  Do the different colors have different nutrients like the different colored bell peppers?

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Pumpkin also came in assorted colors including blue! I thought that was awesome!

Quoting eema.gray:

I would assume so.  I know that the colors are older "heritage" varieties developed before the beginnings of market preferences for specific colors.  Did you know that carrots also come in red, purple, and yellow varieties?  And that beets come in stripped and yellow varieties?  And that tomatoes come in pretty much the entire rainbow of colors, including stripes and excluding blue?  I've even seen pea pods and cucumbers that are yellow.  :-D

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting eema.gray:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Wow!  Veggies and a clean living room, you are my hero!  good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)