Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Your Daily Recipe, 5 Oct (Cauliflower)

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 4 Replies

Inspired by my children yesterday.  If you are able to get a hold of purple or orange cauliflower at a farmer's market, this method preserves the colors beautifully.  If you're using white cauli, add 1/4 t. tumeric along with the coriander and dry ground chili.

Braised Cauliflower

Use one bag of frozen florets gently thawed under cool water or one fresh head cut down to florets.

Over medium-high heat, heat a 1/4 C cooking fat of your choice until hot but not smoking.  Add 1 t cumin seeds.  When they turn redish brown, add dry ground chilies to your personal taste and ground coriander.  After a few seconds, add the cauliflower.  Cook, stiring ocassionally, for 5 minutes.  

Next, add 1 1/4 C. vegetable broth, chicken broth, or chicken stock.  Turn the heat up to high until the liquid reaches a boil.  Turn down to medium and simmer, uncovered, until all of the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.

Yesterday, we ate this as a one dish meal, topped with tomatoes, feta cheese, and chimichuree sauce.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Yum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
everydayjill
by Robyn on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Yum! Although, anything with chimichurri is yummy in my opinion....

eema.gray
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I am obsessed with it, LOL

Quoting everydayjill:

Yum! Although, anything with chimichurri is yummy in my opinion....

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
heydooney
by Danielle on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

sounds great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)