Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Republicans Say Don’t Vote For Mitt

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

This is a collection of clips showing various Republicans giving their thoughts on Mitt Romney.

An interesting point brought up is that both liberals and conservatives should be excited for Romney because “he’s been on your side at one time or another”.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It's true. I wont vote for Obama because he's been so reckless with the US tax payers dollar but I can't vote for someone who's so quick to lie to American's on a day in and day out basis... I'm voting third candidate for the second election in a row. 

The problem with the people in the Republican party is that they embrace anyone at any point so long as they are against gay marriage and abortion. It's alienating the financially conservative members in the party. Republican's don't like him but the RNC was very swift in knocking down the Ron Paul supporters who are realistically, young republicans. 

littlemascara
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM

it's incredible he's the best choice the Repubs came up.  They're racing off the edge of a cliff.  There has to be a candidate who is not so alienating, crazy and clueless.  We need campaign reform so that elections can't be bought. 

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM

He's not, Ron Paul actually won some delegates but embracing his "Never vote for an unbalanced budget, pull the troops out mentality" hurts too many of their relationships with lobbyists in DC. Instead of embracing him they banned him from the RNC and did not allow him to speak unless he openly endorsed Romney, which, as you've seen... nobody in their right mind would and Ron Paul wont be bought. In my opinion, Ron Paul would have stood a good fighting chance against Obama because of his integrity and voting record. Nobody knows where Romney stands. 

Quoting littlemascara:

it's incredible he's the best choice the Repubs came up.  They're racing off the edge of a cliff.  There has to be a candidate who is not so alienating, crazy and clueless.  We need campaign reform so that elections can't be bought. 

littlemascara
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quoting Greekmama21:

He's not, Ron Paul actually won some delegates but embracing his "Never vote for an unbalanced budget, pull the troops out mentality" hurts too many of their relationships with lobbyists in DC. Instead of embracing him they banned him from the RNC and did not allow him to speak unless he openly endorsed Romney, which, as you've seen... nobody in their right mind would and Ron Paul wont be bought. In my opinion, Ron Paul would have stood a good fighting chance against Obama because of his integrity and voting record. Nobody knows where Romney stands. 

Quoting littlemascara:

while I do not agree with Paul's position on many issues, at least he's clear, concise and consistant.  He hasn't waivered and laid out a clear plan on almost every issue that voters can eithe agree/disagree and know that's still his stance days, weeks, months later.  I don't see how anyone can vote Romeny/Ryan when either they change their plan or explain their plan is just too complicated to get into and we'll just have to wait to see it enacted.  yikes.

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Quoting littlemascara:

while I do not agree with Paul's position on many issues, at least he's clear, concise and consistant.  He hasn't waivered and laid out a clear plan on almost every issue that voters can eithe agree/disagree and know that's still his stance days, weeks, months later.  I don't see how anyone can vote Romeny/Ryan when either they change their plan or explain their plan is just too complicated to get into and we'll just have to wait to see it enacted.  yikes.

Agreed. Part of the reason Romney WAS a good choice four years ago was because he was more socially liberal but republicans have decided you can't run on the ticket unless you are a staunch conservative and many religious American's are becoming more liberal on social issues. The republicans are killing their own party. 

sarahjz
by Sarah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Can't blame them.

littlemascara
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Greekmama21:

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Quoting littlemascara:

Agreed. Part of the reason Romney WAS a good choice four years ago was because he was more socially liberal but republicans have decided you can't run on the ticket unless you are a staunch conservative and many religious American's are becoming more liberal on social issues. The republicans are killing their own party. 

I agree.  The cuurent bunch make Ronald Reagan look like a raving liberal.  There needs to be a return to the bipartisanship we ued to have, common sense, and frankly, doing the job you're elected to do.  I'm not saying Repubs own this lack of sense but when you have a Congress that openly declares they'll filibuster everything even when it goes against the ineterests of their constituants... we have a broken system.  Like I said, I would not have voted for Paul, but I loved that he didn't say "fine, if I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em"  With him, at least you get what you paid for.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

tfs

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Quoting littlemascara:

I agree.  The cuurent bunch make Ronald Reagan look like a raving liberal.  There needs to be a return to the bipartisanship we ued to have, common sense, and frankly, doing the job you're elected to do.  I'm not saying Repubs own this lack of sense but when you have a Congress that openly declares they'll filibuster everything even when it goes against the ineterests of their constituants... we have a broken system.  Like I said, I would not have voted for Paul, but I loved that he didn't say "fine, if I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em"  With him, at least you get what you paid for.

I don't think it needs to be bipartisan, we really have younger people who differ on fiscal issues but feel the same way socially, it's really time for a third party. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)