Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

The radio just said something about a body being found in Arvada. 

I just saw a post in another group saying ABC news said it was Jessica. Anyone have an official update? 

Arvada PD released this twenty minutes ago: Westminster and Arvada police continue to jointly work the crime scene at Pattridge Park, where a body was found Wednesday. Investigators have been working throughout the night and into today to positively identify the body. In the meantime, police canvasses and searches will continue in and around the location of Jessica Ridgeway's disappearance, as well as other nearby open space areas. 

Official information on the Jessica Ridgeway case will only come from the Westminster Police Department. When we have more information that we can provide to the public and media, we will share it via Twitter and Facebook. 

We thank our community for your support and patience during this investigation. We continue to seek tips in this case. If you think you may have information that will help investigators, please call 303-658-4336.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM

We were looking at homes in Rock Creek on Saturday and one had a cop searching, another had to ask us questions and do a brief check of our car because we had a child in it (our kids)... 

Quoting wesleysmom08:

Same here

Quoting Greekmama21:

I told DH the backpack in Superior was probably there to throw people off track. 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Another thing that was creepy is the pro filer they interviewed on 9 news yesterday about Jessica was talking about how he has seen evidence left out in the open used for mis-direction.  His example was clothing left to the north of abduction site while body was actually south.  CREEPY because if this is her that is exactly how it will shape up with that backpack found NORTH of her home and the body SOUTH of her home.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM

My prayers go out to the family of whoever was found because regardless of who it is somebody's hearts will break tonight.  So terrible and so sad. 

scurnes
by Sara on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Oh no. That's awful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM
They won't say anything till the morning but what about the news she was seen in Maine??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Chances are that's her.  It's heartbreaking anyone's body would be found dumped like trash.  My heart just breaks for this family, I don't know how families go on but there are so many amazing advocates who out of the worst tragedy ever have made life safer for children and worse for sexual offenders, and for that I am grateful.  I hope this is not her, but if it is all I have is love and healing wishes for her family.

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM
This is such a sad case :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM
:-( this all just makes me sick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Ashlea on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Hold your babies close :( a lot of kids at dd's school walk to school (that's where I went to elementary school and I walked 3rd, 4th and 5th grade)... Her principal is being very aware, I think he would feel responsible if this happened to one of his students on their way to or from school :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Obviously, that is the best case for her family but sometimes people see what they want to see. Somebodies family will be grieving. 

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

They won't say anything till the morning but what about the news she was seen in Maine??

SMG1120
by Shannon on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Regardless of who the body belongs to, it is still some one and some ones family will get the news that their loved one is dead. Its sad and heartbreaking. I have a hard time wrapping my head around how people can be so cruel and how stuff like this happens. I've always been so protective of my kids and I dont see that changing any time soon. Its things like this that make me want to lock my kids in the house for the rest of their lives. I cant imagine what her family is going through. And it hits hardest when its so close to home whether we knew her or not. I mean the volunteer command post is practically across the street from me. Its scary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)