Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

The radio just said something about a body being found in Arvada. 

I just saw a post in another group saying ABC news said it was Jessica. Anyone have an official update? 

Arvada PD released this twenty minutes ago: Westminster and Arvada police continue to jointly work the crime scene at Pattridge Park, where a body was found Wednesday. Investigators have been working throughout the night and into today to positively identify the body. In the meantime, police canvasses and searches will continue in and around the location of Jessica Ridgeway's disappearance, as well as other nearby open space areas. 

Official information on the Jessica Ridgeway case will only come from the Westminster Police Department. When we have more information that we can provide to the public and media, we will share it via Twitter and Facebook. 

We thank our community for your support and patience during this investigation. We continue to seek tips in this case. If you think you may have information that will help investigators, please call 303-658-4336.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
erinsmom1964
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Yes today and yesterday i believe.  11 yr old girl walking with friends in Cody Wy.  Guy pulls up and pulls that help me find my puppy bullshit.  One girl falls for it.  Her friend told LATER and they found the girl alive walking down a dirt road she had been sexually assaulted.  6 yr old BOY sexually assaulted at school by a 14 yr old boy

Quoting Greekmama21:

I have not? Were they recent? 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Even if it's not her it's somebody and that persons family will be impacted. 

I have watched 2 updates on 9 news and both started with giving a synapses of Jessicas story then they go on to talk about the body found that they are not saying is her....They must really think it is or it wouldn't be meshed together like that.............so like Kayleah Wilson story just 2 years ago.

Did yall hear about the 11 yr old in cody?  The 6 year old in Thorton??

erinsmom1964
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Another thing that was creepy is the pro filer they interviewed on 9 news yesterday about Jessica was talking about how he has seen evidence left out in the open used for mis-direction.  His example was clothing left to the north of abduction site while body was actually south.  CREEPY because if this is her that is exactly how it will shape up with that backpack found NORTH of her home and the body SOUTH of her home.

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Ugh, I keep telling myself the world IS a safer place the media just shows us more now but who wouldn't be bothered by this crap. 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Yes today and yesterday i believe.  11 yr old girl walking with friends in Cody Wy.  Guy pulls up and pulls that help me find my puppy bullshit.  One girl falls for it.  Her friend told LATER and they found the girl alive walking down a dirt road she had been sexually assaulted.  6 yr old BOY sexually assaulted at school by a 14 yr old boy

Quoting Greekmama21:

I have not? Were they recent? 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Greekmama21:

I have watched 2 updates on 9 news and both started with giving a synapses of Jessicas story then they go on to talk about the body found that they are not saying is her....They must really think it is or it wouldn't be meshed together like that.............so like Kayleah Wilson story just 2 years ago.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM
So sad.....praying for her family, hoping its not her, but it's sad no matter who it is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I told DH the backpack in Superior was probably there to throw people off track. 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Another thing that was creepy is the pro filer they interviewed on 9 news yesterday about Jessica was talking about how he has seen evidence left out in the open used for mis-direction.  His example was clothing left to the north of abduction site while body was actually south.  CREEPY because if this is her that is exactly how it will shape up with that backpack found NORTH of her home and the body SOUTH of her home.

heydooney
by Danielle on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM

:( No no no no no

mom2jaymeenella
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I am so sad no matter who the body belobgs to. My kids heard the breaking news come on and i told them this is y i do not allow them away from me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I didnt hear about the 6yr old. When did that happen?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Greekmama21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quoting wesleysmom08:

I am mobile right now but if you go to. 9 news web sire you can read the story....it was today or yesterday
wesleysmom08
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Same here

Quoting Greekmama21:

I told DH the backpack in Superior was probably there to throw people off track. 

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN