Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

The radio just said something about a body being found in Arvada. 

I just saw a post in another group saying ABC news said it was Jessica. Anyone have an official update? 

Arvada PD released this twenty minutes ago: Westminster and Arvada police continue to jointly work the crime scene at Pattridge Park, where a body was found Wednesday. Investigators have been working throughout the night and into today to positively identify the body. In the meantime, police canvasses and searches will continue in and around the location of Jessica Ridgeway's disappearance, as well as other nearby open space areas. 

Official information on the Jessica Ridgeway case will only come from the Westminster Police Department. When we have more information that we can provide to the public and media, we will share it via Twitter and Facebook. 

We thank our community for your support and patience during this investigation. We continue to seek tips in this case. If you think you may have information that will help investigators, please call 303-658-4336.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Well I read a news report saying the search for Jessica will be resumed today.

Also abc said "sources" told them it was "likely" her body. So who knows lol.

I want to know what happened to the poor dead body they found that they still don't know if its her. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

That is what I was thinking.  Either they are sure it is her but have to jump through a lot of hoops and paperwork before releasing the info, or the body went through something terrible and is hard to identify. 

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

I want to know what happened to the poor dead body they found that they still don't know if its her. :-(

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I saw a video of the bodybag being lifted by the police, it's not lookng promising from the video perspective;(

Quoting countrygirlkat:

That is what I was thinking.  Either they are sure it is her but have to jump through a lot of hoops and paperwork before releasing the info, or the body went through something terrible and is hard to identify. 

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I saw the footage and to my uneducated eye, it looked like a non-adult sized body/shape. I did not know this poor child but I had feared this outcome and was horrified when I found out this AM (we don't watch regular TV, we use netflix) they found a body.

What I also find deeply creepy is there was a man trying to abduct girls nearly 1 year ago in the same area the body was found. Uhhh.

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

The blue station wagon reported to have been found in Maine was just found abandoned in NH, it has a CO disabled veteran plate on it... Maybe they are connected and the person feared being found with her. 

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I saw the footage and to my uneducated eye, it looked like a non-adult sized body/shape. I did not know this poor child but I had feared this outcome and was horrified when I found out this AM (we don't watch regular TV, we use netflix) they found a body.

What I also find deeply creepy is there was a man trying to abduct girls nearly 1 year ago in the same area the body was found. Uhhh.

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I heard about that. That is seriously bizarre!

If the body found in the park isn't Jessica's then who the hell IS IT? 

:`(

littlemascara
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

:(

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:16 PM

http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx live update from the police in a few minutes.

erinsmom1964
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IntactivistMama:

http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx live update from the police in a few minutes.

YEP waiting myself right now...but if its not Jessica why in the world would the Westminster Police be the ones giving any information about a body in Arvada??  Why would they be on scene at all

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Can I throw up? The body was possibly dismembered?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN