Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

The radio just said something about a body being found in Arvada. 

I just saw a post in another group saying ABC news said it was Jessica. Anyone have an official update? 

Arvada PD released this twenty minutes ago: Westminster and Arvada police continue to jointly work the crime scene at Pattridge Park, where a body was found Wednesday. Investigators have been working throughout the night and into today to positively identify the body. In the meantime, police canvasses and searches will continue in and around the location of Jessica Ridgeway's disappearance, as well as other nearby open space areas. 

Official information on the Jessica Ridgeway case will only come from the Westminster Police Department. When we have more information that we can provide to the public and media, we will share it via Twitter and Facebook. 

We thank our community for your support and patience during this investigation. We continue to seek tips in this case. If you think you may have information that will help investigators, please call 303-658-4336.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Replies (51-59):
erinsmom1964
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It her why else would the WESTMINSTER police be involved in a case in Arvada?  Why would they be the spokesperson for it?  

Quoting IntactivistMama:

If the...head....is missing they can extrapolate the approximate age from the bones. Also I believe they can tell the sex from the shape of the pelvis. Obviously, if there is skin that has not degraded they may be able to tell race (I forget if they can tell race from non-facial bones.)

I studied anthropology and archaeology for two years. This stuff popped into my head. 

My friend who almost has her MD says they can check the growth plates as well. Sooner or later, they will have clues to the identity of the body. 

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Assuming the skin and fingers are in place they could get finger prints and could identify DNA. 

Quoting IntactivistMama:

If the...head....is missing they can extrapolate the approximate age from the bones. Also I believe they can tell the sex from the shape of the pelvis. Obviously, if there is skin that has not degraded they may be able to tell race (I forget if they can tell race from non-facial bones.)

I studied anthropology and archaeology for two years. This stuff popped into my head. 

My friend who almost has her MD says they can check the growth plates as well. Sooner or later, they will have clues to the identity of the body. 

ProudMommy51006
by Ashlea on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I think because it COULD be her. Kwim?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

It her why else would the WESTMINSTER police be involved in a case in Arvada?  Why would they be the spokesperson for it?  

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

And because she is probably the only person recently missing at this point who's the size of the body? It probably is her... 

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

ProudMommy51006
by Ashlea on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Definitely. Me gut says it's her

Quoting Greekmama21:

And because she is probably the only person recently missing at this point who's the size of the body? It probably is her... 

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM

If it didn't fit her description, wouldn't you think they would want to quickly assure everyone that it isn't her? So sad :(

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Of course, the police have already lent details to the family so they've basically told the family it is her. 

Quoting heydooney:

If it didn't fit her description, wouldn't you think they would want to quickly assure everyone that it isn't her? So sad :(

ProudMommy51006
by Ashlea on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17460629

sorry it's not clicky... Looks like it's her, now the search is for her killer :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM

i hope it isnt her, but then that means someone else was found its sad either way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)