Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Trick or Treat for toddlers?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

I want to take DD trick or treating this year, but I'm not really comortable knocking on doors where we live, especially b/c DD might get shy and hide behind me and I'll wind up doing the talking lol!!

Is there a safe place to take the little ones out? I worked at a mall in IL for a few years and they did trick or treat there... we handed out candy and stickers at each of the stores, it was a lot of fun for everyone. I'm looking for things like that :)

Also wondering if anyone has been to any of the pumpkin patches in El Paso county... we are thinking about going this weekend, just wondering what people thought of the one they had been too!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
The malls usually do trick or treating. Also wishing star farms in black forest is a good place. I am not sure it vennitucci farms is still open to the public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not in your area, but here in my town they do trick or treating at the rec center (set up little booths to go around and there is a big theme) and also the businesses in our downtown district all have candy, you just stop in to all of the businesses. Hope you're able to find something you're comfortable with!

nacholibre
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Ooh, didn't even think that downtown might have something!!

Good ideas ladies, thank you!

eema.gray
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

el paso county:  Both malls in the Springs have indoor trick or treating.  Be warned that the place turns into a nightmare about 45 minutes after TOT'ing starts.

Also, in Old Colorado City, they have an outside TOT event - all the stores have people out on the sidewalk handing out candies.  Since there's more room, it doesn't feel as crowded and if you have a small child, you can go early (starts at 3 pm) before the big kids hit the streets.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

A lot of the malls have events, as does the Denver Zoo.  Also, some high schools will be putting on a "Trick or Treat Street' even the weekend before.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh oh oh manitou does tot also!!!!

Quoting eema.gray:

el paso county:  Both malls in the Springs have indoor trick or treating.  Be warned that the place turns into a nightmare about 45 minutes after TOT'ing starts.

Also, in Old Colorado City, they have an outside TOT event - all the stores have people out on the sidewalk handing out candies.  Since there's more room, it doesn't feel as crowded and if you have a small child, you can go early (starts at 3 pm) before the big kids hit the streets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Cheyenne mountain zoo does boo at the zoo also.

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

A lot of the malls have events, as does the Denver Zoo.  Also, some high schools will be putting on a "Trick or Treat Street' even the weekend before.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Also several churches have Halloween festivals that are open to the public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
al10ev12
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM

We went to the wishing Star Farm.  It was not bad, my 23 month old liked seeing the animals, the train ride and the bouncy hill.  One nice thing is that they are open until dark.  The only bad things is the people that work at the farm did not see to friendly, they seemed busy taking care of the animals and it was hard to find someone to help you.

This weekend we are going to Boo at the Zoo @Cheyenne Mountain.  This will be are fist time, we love going to the zoo.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM

the mall!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)