Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Question of the Day 11/14/12

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do you use your local public library?  How often do you go?  Do you get books for you, your kids or both?

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

We used to go every week before the kids were in school and we would do the story time and then we would get books.  We would do books for both me and them.  Now that they are in school though they bring home books from the school library and the classroom so we only go maybe once a month or so. 

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Not too often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I used to go at least 2-3 times a week with my kids.  They ripped up a couple of books so bad I am afraid to go back (yes I have paid for them).  wish we could go.  I got books for them and they loved the story times too.  do you think I could go back without bad looks?  LOL

scurnes
by Sara on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM
We haven't gone in awhile. I need to see when story time is for ds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Yes, we go all the time. We live close enough to walk. We get books, movies and CD's for all of us. We love the library!
everydayjill
by Robyn on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM

All the time!! We go once or twice a week for books, movies, etc. we have also gone to reading times and book groups, but not evenly.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I used to go at least 2-3 times a week with my kids.  They ripped up a couple of books so bad I am afraid to go back (yes I have paid for them).  wish we could go.  I got books for them and they loved the story times too.  do you think I could go back without bad looks?  LOL

Three questions, lol.  Where do you live again, how long has it been since this happened, and do you think it would happen again.  If you are in a really small town like I am then chances are you will get looks at first but if you show it doesn't happen again they will go away eventually.  If you are in a big city they probably don't remember you.  If it was really recently you may want to wait awhile but if it was a few months back or longer they have probably forgotten. 

momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I live in leadville - very small. 

We used to go in so often they knew us as soon as we walked in and were like hi and stuff.  LOL  It has been maybe a month.  I just felt so bad and I dont know if it would happen again.  DDs are 95% of the time good with books, but every once in a great while will rip one up. 

Thanks for the info. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Three questions, lol.  Where do you live again, how long has it been since this happened, and do you think it would happen again.  If you are in a really small town like I am then chances are you will get looks at first but if you show it doesn't happen again they will go away eventually.  If you are in a big city they probably don't remember you.  If it was really recently you may want to wait awhile but if it was a few months back or longer they have probably forgotten. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Shoot, how do I always forget you live in Leadville, lol.  My guess honestly is that it happens a lot more often then you would think and the fact that you paid for them right away I would guess they would greatly appreciate.  I would probably feel weird at first too(like I did the first few times we went in to the library after my son set off the emergency door alarm) but I would probably try again just because I love reading so much and I love getting out of the house, lol. 

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I live in leadville - very small. 

We used to go in so often they knew us as soon as we walked in and were like hi and stuff.  LOL  It has been maybe a month.  I just felt so bad and I dont know if it would happen again.  DDs are 95% of the time good with books, but every once in a great while will rip one up. 

Thanks for the info. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Babybear89
by Gracey on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM

nope sure dont 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN