Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Question of the Day 11/14/12

Do you use your local public library?  How often do you go?  Do you get books for you, your kids or both?

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Replies (11-18):
sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I would guess that even in a small town it's something the librarians have seen before.  :)
If you've paid for the damaged books, it shouldn't be a big deal.  I'll bet they would want you to keep using the library....   

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I live in leadville - very small. 

We used to go in so often they knew us as soon as we walked in and were like hi and stuff.  LOL  It has been maybe a month.  I just felt so bad and I dont know if it would happen again.  DDs are 95% of the time good with books, but every once in a great while will rip one up. 

Thanks for the info. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I used to go at least 2-3 times a week with my kids.  They ripped up a couple of books so bad I am afraid to go back (yes I have paid for them).  wish we could go.  I got books for them and they loved the story times too.  do you think I could go back without bad looks?  LOL

Three questions, lol.  Where do you live again, how long has it been since this happened, and do you think it would happen again.  If you are in a really small town like I am then chances are you will get looks at first but if you show it doesn't happen again they will go away eventually.  If you are in a big city they probably don't remember you.  If it was really recently you may want to wait awhile but if it was a few months back or longer they have probably forgotten. 

COTwinMom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Yes.  We used to go more often to the story times when the kids were younger.  But now we go on bad weather days. And since I belong to a book club, I do use it for myself, too.

Redwall
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I go to the library every week.  I LOVE my library and books.  I'd never want a Nook...I love the feel of turning the pages and the smell of the library....

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM

We actually have a really great public library!

It's the Rawlings library in Pueblo and it has a movie theatre in it that you can check out and play a DVD or play your own DVD's! Its really clean and has a great childrens area that has puppet shows and tons and tons of books, it's great!

heydooney
by Danielle on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

every week, mostly for the kids. they allow 10 free pages of printing if it's for school and since our printer puked out, we have to print his school stuff there. we also get books and movies.

1battymom84
by Meghann on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

yep I go some times once a week some times every few months.  I get books for DD and my self and we rent movies from them to. 

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I went a lot when I was pregnant but not so much since having ds

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I will go more this summer...he will be 18 months which is the age to participate in the children events

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN