Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Please and Thank You.

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 8 Replies

The newest Facebook phenomenon is the Thirty Days of Thanks for November. The majority of my friends are posting sweet thanks everyday- thankful for their husbands, wonderful in-laws, sweet children, great jobs, health, church family, etc. I love reading their posts, love the kick in the butt reminder to be thankful, even in days that are really hard for my family. My thanks tend to be muttered under my breath, and much more fleeting in nature. Thanks for the green light. Thanks for red wine. Thanks for sick days when no one else is home sick. Thanks for a good counselor. Thanks for a day where I don't have to clean up ANYONE'S pee, poop, or vomit.  Thanks for a good run with no hard winds. Thanks for getting me through one more day of not smoking, when what I really want during hard times is one or two or ten cigarettes. Thanks for chocolate-covered acai berries from Costco. Funny this or that surveys.

We have had a devisive few months where everything we see, newswise, tends to be negative. Fiscal Cliff, congress battling, states asking for secession (while Facebook pages plead for succeeding from the US), continuous conflicts, and so many other gloom and doom news stories. This makes it easy to overlook the good stories, the inspiring stories to be thankful for in our world. But good stories are out there, lots of them.

A record number of turkeys have been donated thus far for Denver's Rescue Mission, which was initially fearful that there would not be nearly enough turkeys. A Highlands Ranch elementary school principal is named a Nationally Distinguished Principal. Malala, the Pakistani girl who was shot, is recovering and sending thanks to her well-wishers. A couple just made headlines for taking their wedding photos... eighty-eight years after they were married. 

What are you guys thankful for? Big or small thanks welcome :)

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I am thankful for so much.  I am thankful for my relationship with God and how awesome he truely is.  I am thankful for my husband who can be a pain, lol, but whom I love very much and who loves me when I am a pain.  I am thankful for my kids and the blessing each of them is and the time I have with them.  I am thankful for DH's job and that he is able to provide for our family and that it allows me to stay home with the kids.  I am thankful for my family and DH's family who all love us so much and love our kids.  I am thankful for where we live both in terms of a free country and in terms of a beautiful state and town. 

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Mostly I am thankful for my wonderful family.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I am also thankful that our needs are always provided for.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I am doing the 30 days of thankful on Facebook and I enjoy reading them as well. It is a great reminder all year but during the month its nice to take notice. My are all over the place. Seeing as I was thankful for my new coffee maker yesterday and the veterans in my life with a birthday shoot out to my pop-pop on the 11th. ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

There are so many things to be thankful for.  I've been posting them on Facebook every day myself.

My kids, my parents, my health, doctors that take care of me, teachers, good traffic, a clean house, having a house at all, a landlord who takes care of things quickly when needed, pizza, my pets, the fact that my house is rodent free, heat, etc.... 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

omg those posts annoy me sooo much especially when they post the same thing every time

heydooney
by Danielle on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM

We have been saying what we're thankful for while we're driving in the car, I Spy style. I love to hear the things the kids come up with. Today my 3yo was on the phone with his grandma and told her he was thankful for her. It was so sweet!

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM

They annoy me, too. I AM thankful, I don't need to shove my blessings in others peoples faces.

Quoting Babybear89:

omg those posts annoy me sooo much especially when they post the same thing every time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)