Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you be buying "local" for the holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Amy
  • 16 Replies

What is your favorite local shop to buy gifts from?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM
We get personalized ornaments from st. Nicks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I LOVE St. Nicks!  Such a fun place to shop!

Quoting scurnes:

We get personalized ornaments from st. Nicks.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I generally do like to buy local but can't think of anywhere (other than chain stores) that I am buying local.  I do have several gifts picked out on etsy.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I check out the craft shows and try to shop in old Colorado city and manitou. There are also a.bunch of great lil stores downtown. Etsy and storenvy are great websites to support artists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I will probably get a few things local and a few things not.  I love the shoes at a local business called Monkey Toes but my kids don't need shoes right now.  Here is a link and a picture of what some of the shoes look like though if any of you need shoes for you kiddos! They also have Mary Jane's for girls too. 

Green Leap Frog Sneakers

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

aren't those cute!

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I will probably get a few things local and a few things not.  I love the shoes at a local business called Monkey Toes but my kids don't need shoes right now.  Here is a link and a picture of what some of the shoes look like though if any of you need shoes for you kiddos! They also have Mary Jane's for girls too. 

Green Leap Frog Sneakers

VarelaClan
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM
So far, I bought my dad wine from local wineries. My parents don't live here in CO. I thought local gifts would be great to bring to them. I don't know what to get my mom though. She likes tea, but I think it would be weird to get her celestial seasonings since she can buy it where she lives. Any other ideas? She likes teas and bath stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM
You you have any local tea/ coffee shops? Sometimes they make and sell their own. I know in manitou there is a shop that makes soaps. Maybe find a shop like that and buy a couple. (I am not sure where you are located :-( )

Quoting VarelaClan:

So far, I bought my dad wine from local wineries. My parents don't live here in CO. I thought local gifts would be great to bring to them. I don't know what to get my mom though. She likes tea, but I think it would be weird to get her celestial seasonings since she can buy it where she lives. Any other ideas? She likes teas and bath stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Those are adorable

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Green Leap Frog Sneakers

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting VarelaClan:

I found these two places.  I am not sure where you are located but I might be able to find one closer if you aren't close to these. 

This one is in Idaho Springs:  http://sudsorama.com/

This one is in Denver:  http://www.milehighsoap.com/Default.asp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)