Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

I got a babysitting job!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

My husband's hours got cut to no more overtime, and we have been wondering how to make ends meet. I tried to apply for a daycare position at the local gym because someone told me you can bring your kids along, but I don't remember my starting pay, ending pay, dates of employment or anything for my last 3 jobs. I haven't been employed in over 5 years. So that kind of stalled out.

Well later I was on the local b/s/t page on facebook and someone was asking for a babysitter. I told her what area I was in and she said she lived close by! She came over yesterday and her son is a cutie! He's 2 months older than my youngest. He played with my boys while we talked and then he didn't want to leave (huge plus!). She told me what others were charging for daycare, even non-licensed, and I couldn't believe it! So maybe some would say I'm getting ripped off, but I'm not licensed, I have a small house, and don't really do a curriculum (the littler boys just sort of play along and pick things up here and there while I homeschool my oldest), and really we just need a couple hundred extra a month to get by. If I can do that, play with kids, and help someone else out, then I'd say that's a win.

I start Monday, I really hope this works out. I have a good feeling about this :)

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

That is awesome!  It is amazing how things like that work out where you are close by.  I bet it will be great. 

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Congrats that is awesome. Hoping it all works out for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:23 PM

That's great!  Congrats!

scurnes
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM
That's awesome! I had something similar set up but the mom (was a friend) turned out to be a major b*tch
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I've heard some horror stories. I'm hoping to get all my bases covered, keep communication open, and not totally depend on that money in case it goes away suddenly. My mom did daycare from the time my older brother was born until after my son was born  - something like 35 years. She had some bad experiences and lots of good ones.

That's awesome! I had something similar set up but the mom (was a friend) turned out to be a major b*tch

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

That's great news!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I'm glad you are able to do this!

Babybear89
by Gracey on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM

awesome

violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Yay! I'm currently doing that as well. Watch two twin babies, and can have my kids with me. It's a good arrangement all around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:27 PM

That's awesome! I watch 1 to 2 little girls and it's helped my family so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)