Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Newsflash

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

COLORADO- Denver and Boulder are dropping the plan to continue charging for carrying one ounce of pot; let the Rocky Mountain High and snickering jokes from pundits and anchormen begin. Holmes missed a hearing in his murder trial, because he injured himself in jail. Ski resorts and Forest Service continue to fight over water rights. First world problems, I say. A bright light has been shown on the huge inadequacies in our state's protection of its youngest citizens. Eight days of coverage on the vast holes in our system are hopefully enough to begin the move to improve the system; seventy-two stories of children who died needlessly should be enough to shame all of us into action. 

NATION- Twenty states called for seceding from the union; twenty-thousand call for succeeding from the Union on Facebook, which confuses everyone. Romney says Obama won because he gifted people before the election. Things like student loans and health care. Ho ho ho. Romney's own party has a lot of people calling him a sore loser on that one, which says something. We are far more concerned with what is going with Patraeus' love life and Allen's Thirty THOUSAND emails than what is going o with their actual j-o-b-s. Bobby Jindal completely blasted the Republican party for being the 'party of stupidity', silmultaneously pissing off his party and promising a presidential nod in 2016.  Hostess speaks of going out of business; let the Twinkie hoarding begin. Congress is meeting and pointing fingers, nudging us all ever closer to the cliff's edge. Wal-mart is having a less than stellar year, posting weak numbers and dealing with a huge internal investigation into bribes charges.

WORLD- A woman in Ireland died after being denied a medically necessary abortion because she had the misfortune of being in a Catholic country that will not perform abortions under ANY circumstances (take notice, America.). Malala continues to improve and serve as a symbol of hope for girls everywhere. Israel prepares for Gaza invasion, with tensions skyrocketing. The world watches, holding its breath, to see if Syria is the next big genocide. Europe continues to struggle mightily, Greece with the Austerity measures, Spain with her financial problems. North Korea is remarkably quiet this week, while China has a new (still Communist) leader named Xi Jinping. Kony continues to terrorize Africa, even as news that his base has dwindled drastically.

RAWR. That was a lot of news. Please add anything I left out, as there was an incredible amount of newsworthy events this week :-)

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

tfs

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

That was a lot of news.  I didn't realize that you couldn't have an abortion (ever) in Ireland.  It seems that we take a lot for granted (our freedom to choose) here in the US.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Why would they continue charging for pot if its legal now? Or will be soon I suppose.

everydayjill
by Robyn on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I think they could continue to charge as a crime until it is officially legal, but since the writing is on the wall, they are not.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Why would they continue charging for pot if its legal now? Or will be soon I suppose.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It seems that the release of this new Twilight movie seems to be newsworthy among almost everybody, lol........  That is all I seem to hear about lately all over.

heydooney
by Danielle on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM

lots happening!

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Thanks, as always!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN