Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

I don't want to set up the tree this year...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

We're going to be in Illinois from the middle of December until after Christmas. It just seems pointless to set up a tree knowing that we won't be here for Christmas and that we'll just have that much more work to do when we get back. I don't know though. My kids are 5 1/2, 3 1/2, and 1 1/2 so the older two at least will definitely have an opinion on it.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
scurnes
by Sara on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I totally get not setting it up. We were gone Christmas once when I was little so my parents put Christmas lights on one of the indoor trees we had in the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

That is tough.  I personally can't imagine not having a tree up but I totally see where you are coming from!  Sounds like a fun trip though. 

rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

What about just putting up a mini-tree so they have something to look at while you're still at home?  If I were going to be gone so long I wouldn't want to put one up either.

heydooney
by Danielle on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I hope it will be. It's to our hometown. Previous trips there have resulted in sitting around and doing nothing. We texted, messaged, facebooked our friends from there and were like "we have to get together, we'll be in town from XX-YY" and they were all "yeah, let's do something" and then nothing ever happened.

Also, there is some tension between DH and "the fam" over money, i'm hoping we can all be adults...

Quoting countrygirlkat:

That is tough.  I personally can't imagine not having a tree up but I totally see where you are coming from!  Sounds like a fun trip though. 

sarahjz
by Sarah on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Hmmm....that's tough.  I love setting up and trimming the tree, so I would probably set it up.  I like the mini-tree idea though!

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

That is tough!

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM

maybe a mini tree?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN