Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#9 of 15 Ways to Make the Most of the Holiday Season With Your Kids

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

christmas-time-w-kids

Talking About Santa Claus

I believe in Santa Claus. I stand out on the back porch of our house with my daughter, in June...in February, it doesn't matter when really, and we stare up at the sky and when I see a tiny blinking light way up in the night sky I holler out to her, "There he is! There's Santa and his reindeer right there right there right there!" Oh man. She gets so damn excited, just like I did when I was so young. She smiles and points and starts talking non-stop about how cool it is that he is out there checking on her even though Christmas is way off. And now, when Christmas is not a long way off, I talk even more about Santa with Violet and Henry. We talk about what reindeer eat and what kind of cookies we should leave Santa this year, and whether or not we might hear his sleighbells come Christmas Eve. It is, quite possibly, the greatest back and forth running conversation I have ever had in my life. So yeah, I believe, and if you get what I am talking about...then so do you.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
We talk about him all year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:26 PM

We have started talking to Joshua about it. He doesn't really understand yet though

heydooney
by Danielle on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM

K was worried Santa wouldn't know where to find him since we are staying with my parents over Christmas, so I took him to the mall Santa and he told him. Santa said he knew right where that was and thanks for letting him know. I melted.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM
We have been watching Santa feed the reindeer online, Tristan sat on Santa's lamp and every time Tristan sees a blinking light he gets excited thinking its Santa. Its so cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Agreed! I want dd to have the magic of santa for as long as she wants.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:10 AM
My grandma believed.in Santa till the day she died. :-)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Agreed! I want dd to have the magic of santa for as long as she wants.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)