Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Christmas Day schedule

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
Do you have to schedule times to see family?

We do. It sucks cause my parents are divorced so we used to to Christmas Eve with one and Christmas Day with the other. Worked for awhile till we had kids, no everyone wants to see Joshua on Christmas Day. My mom gets all pissy and butt hurt if the whole day is not with her. It seriously turns into a fight almost every year. We want to do Christmas morning with her till Joshua's nap and then go to my dads for the afternoon. He usually sleeps like 1130-230. It would give him a break and would split up the day as well. I know my mom is going to freak out but I don't know what else to do. I have to try to be fair to everyone. We are going to offer Christmas Eve to her too so we can do dinner. Hopefully it will pacify her but who knows.

I swear one year we are going to just disappear for the holidays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM

My Family is coming over here for Brunch. Probably visit DH's mom and Grandma sometime before Christmas. They're not as close as my family so we just play it by ear with them.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
This year we aren't doing Christmas with family. It always turned.into what worked best for everyone else and I had to just deal. This year they can just deal with not seeing us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

We stay home on Christmas day.  We go see family either before or after Christmas and they are all invited and aware that they are more then welcome to come to our house on Christmas but we do Christmas day at home so the kids can just relax and play and we can all have a good time.  That was how my parents did it too when we were kids.  My mom's parents wouldn't ever come on Christmas day but we always went to their house the day after.  My dad's parents would try to make it up to our house on Christmas day as often as they could. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM
My family is 16 hours away do we will just spend it with the inlaws. There has never been a big fight. We did Christmas eve at one and Christmas at the other but now it doesn't matter. This is the first Christmas in about two years we've lived close enough to family to spend it with.
violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM
My family is a 16 hour drive, and my husband doesn't speak to his family, so we're always at home. My twin still lives in my hometown and her and her husband spend all day running all over to visit people. It makes me exhausted thinking of ever doing that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

You should! Go on a family Christmas trip to a nice winter lodge somewhere. Mmm, that'd be nice!

Our Holiday schedule will go somewhat this way:

Morning - Get up, get coffee going, maybe eat some food, open gifts at our house. 

Go to my mothers house. Open gifts there.

Go to my parent in laws home and open gifts THERE and eat Christmas dinner there.

I figure we'll have to squeeze in getting my SIL and BIL from their B&B on our way to parent in laws house. I hope there's a ham for dinner....

sarahjz
by Sarah on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM

It used too.  We don't anymore.  If people (grandparents, etc.) want to see us on Christmas day, they are invited to come over.  We don't travel on Christmas day.  We had to start doing our own thing.....all of the traveling was getting really unpleasant with little, tiny kidlets.  

Babybear89
by Gracey on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Well. My family and dhs will be here in the morning and afternoon then we go to Denver to see his dad and Stepmom
heydooney
by Danielle on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

we used to be busy. luckily my dad's side does their christmas on the day before. one year we did our own christmas, then went 2 doors down to the in laws and did christmas there, then a couple blocks away to my parents' and did christmas there, then we had the big mom's side family one. that was before the in laws moved to colorado and we moved to a different part of co.

now that we live in co it's just us. this year we'll be "back home" so we'll do christmas with my parents and then my mom's family.

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
This year - dhs mom and all the family on that side the 23rd. My mom and siblings on the 24th. Christmas just us at our house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)