Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's 2012/2013, why is it HARDER than say 1924?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm waiting on a parcel from UPS. However, I do not have that damnumber used to find it, so I politely question the UPS lady about finding my info via address or my name.

noooooooo bueno apparently. Its impossible to do it that. I mean, colonizing pluto impossible. 

She just was repeating herself over and over and over again that they need the number, if she could find it another way she would (she wouldn't even try to put my address or name in the system to see if anything pops up), I can sign up for some program, over and over and over again. 

Seriously? Because everything is computerized these days I believe things are even more inconvenient than in say 1924 when everything was neatly organized by paper. There weren't all these technical "impossiblities". Pfft, imo that's just a fancy term for "I don't wanna do anything harder for my minimum wage job."

How am I so certain about this? Because when we paid off the credit card this past March I just slipped on by their little call center employee's with no power and straight to the big dogs that the call center employee's tried to tell me "were out" and I said I would wait on hold and *gasp!* as if by magic suddenly the big dog was available!! 

Whoops, got a little rant there. 

I wish I could live on an island with internet lol

at the beach

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Hahaha I agree they don't want to work harder than they have to. Can you put your info in online and look that way?

I got a plastic bag from the post office yesterday saying one of my cards was harmed. They sent me back the top portion with our address sticker and the stamp. Then I got a calk yesterday afternoon making sure I got it in the mail. But the lady could not tell me if the card would still be delivered. :-/ I am upset cuz it had an ornament bean made. I just don't know who it was supposed to go to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM

How on earth did it get so damaged?! What were they doing? Using it as a ninja star??

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Hahaha I agree they don't want to work harder than they have to. Can you put your info in online and look that way?

I got a plastic bag from the post office yesterday saying one of my cards was harmed. They sent me back the top portion with our address sticker and the stamp. Then I got a calk yesterday afternoon making sure I got it in the mail. But the lady could not tell me if the card would still be delivered. :-/ I am upset cuz it had an ornament bean made. I just don't know who it was supposed to go to.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM
No idea! The bag said that due to high volumes it tends to happen. I think they ripped that part off to send it to use to let us know. But I want to know if the stuck it in an envelope and sent it

Quoting flowerfunleah:

How on earth did it get so damaged?! What were they doing? Using it as a ninja star??

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM

things are certainly more complicated. i think we may have set ourselves up for trouble...

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I would be alright with a worldwide EMP. I'll miss you ladies but don't worry, I'll shoot you if you're a zombie ;-)

Quoting heydooney:

things are certainly more complicated. i think we may have set ourselves up for trouble...

heydooney
by Danielle on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

lol! I feel comforted!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I would be alright with a worldwide EMP. I'll miss you ladies but don't worry, I'll shoot you if you're a zombie ;-)

Quoting heydooney:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I definitely think things have gotten more complicated!  I have been having to call insurance lately because of DH's accident and it takes 5 minutes of pushing buttons and such before you can ever talk to a real person!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Right?? And you can't just push '0' anymore to get to an operator!

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I definitely think things have gotten more complicated!  I have been having to call insurance lately because of DH's accident and it takes 5 minutes of pushing buttons and such before you can ever talk to a real person!

sarahjz
by Sarah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quoting heydooney:

In more ways than one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)