• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't get my ring off!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

My ring will officially not come off my finger. I mean, it's not cutting off circulation or anything, it will twist around the finger so it's still a little loose (loose enough) but it won't pull off!!

It's as if my fingers got bigger around it and the part my ring is around didn't!

Help!

What do I DO??

It really is scary! One time I put my ring that I wear on my ring finger on my middle finger of my right hand which for some reason is larger than all of my other fingers and it was stuck for 3 days. I seriously thought I was going to have to take it to the jewler to get it cut off of my finger and then soldered back together so I could still wear it!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Lotion or butter, my hands swell up all the time and it's a nightmare to get it off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk about you but when my hands get cold my fingers seem to shrink because my rings are always trying to fall off. Maybe ice or stand there with your hand in the freezer? LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Cold should help bring down any swelling.
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Cold water. When I get hot my fingers swell and running my hand under cold water helps the ring come off. Also I swell if I have too much salt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Either cold or lotion will probably work. 

sarahjz
by Sarah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Yikes, I'd probably get all panicky.  Wash your hands with lots of soap and maybe it will slip off.  Just don't lose it down the drain.  ;0)

heydooney
by Danielle on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

did you get it?

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

lol yes, I buttered the crap out of it. But now I can't get it on again! I'm gonna have to get it re-sized. 

Quoting heydooney:

did you get it?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I put mine on a chain and wore it that way.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

lol yes, I buttered the crap out of it. But now I can't get it on again! I'm gonna have to get it re-sized. 

Quoting heydooney:

did you get it?

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I'd rather wear mine on my finger, it's pretty and I get a lot of compliments on it so its worth it to get it resized. 

Quoting mjimaging:

I put mine on a chain and wore it that way.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting heydooney:

did you get it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)