Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Noooo!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
My laptop stopped working! It froze last night so I shut it off and back on and now it goes to some error screen. I tried Googling it but didn't get anywhere. I've had it for less than a year! And I can't remember if there was a warranty on it or not :/ This just sucks. I guess its back to using mobile for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Is the error screen blue?

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Black. It a PXE-E61 message or something.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegepunkstr
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I would do some more googling.  My computer did something like that and my dh did some googling and figured out of you push a few buttons it would fix it. I was pretty amazed because I thought it was totally dead. I wish I could remember what exactly he did to fix it. He found a youtube video about it. What brand computer is it? Maybe I can look around a bit for you.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Do you have a warranty on it?

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

scurnes
by Sara on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
That sucks. Most computers come with a one year warranty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Take the battery out let it rest and put the battery back in. My dell would get static electricity between the computer and battery and the it tech said that will. Help also computers are not supposed to be left on all the time. You do have to turn them completely off every once in a while. People tend to forget this. The same for cell phonesnl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I can't remember. We got it from office Max in March I think. I just remember arguing about the price because the internet ad had a extra $50 off and their ad didn't so I had to pull it up and stick it in their face... then I went to the car with the kids while dh finished the purchase. And of course I can't find the receipt :/

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Do you have a warranty on it?

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Its a Toshiba Satellite. I tried unplugging it and taking the battery out, holding down the power key, putting the battery back in but it didn't work :/ that was the only suggestion I could find.

Quoting vegepunkstr:

I would do some more googling.  My computer did something like that and my dh did some googling and figured out of you push a few buttons it would fix it. I was pretty amazed because I thought it was totally dead. I wish I could remember what exactly he did to fix it. He found a youtube video about it. What brand computer is it? Maybe I can look around a bit for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I left the battery out and computer off all night hoping something would happen and it didn't work

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Take the battery out let it rest and put the battery back in. My dell would get static electricity between the computer and battery and the it tech said that will. Help also computers are not supposed to be left on all the time. You do have to turn them completely off every once in a while. People tend to forget this. The same for cell phonesnl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Boo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)