Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

no nap = no bueno

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

Oh. My. Good. Golly. Miss Molly. 

Actually, Miss Claire.

My daughter has a pretty good routine when it comes to naptime. I close all the curtains so it's nice and dark, I make her a bottle with warm milk, I give her a pacifier (I know, I know, we're having a hard time giving up those two things, we're working on it), we watch Four Weddings on TLC (why didn't I discover pinterest BEFORE I got married?!) and she's usually out within' a half hour.

After that it's mommy time! I do my hair, I make some mommy lunch, I play a little minecraft, I catch up on cafemom. I love mommy time. I need mommy time. At two years old I don't think it's asking too much from my kiddo. I sit sit on her bed when she asks, I read on the floor for stories she gives up on 1/4 of the way through, I feed her don't I?? Of course I do! Is it so much to want to kill a few zombies and slay a few spiders on during those sweet silent minutes of blissful slumber?? 

Apparently my two year old thinks so. Today we went down at 2pm as normal. Almost two hours later she is STILL throwing a fit! She's tired but doesn't want to play so it's like she wants me to put her to sleep but wants to resist it at the same time. 

SO frustrating!! 

So finally I just put her in her pack and play in my room, turned on her soothing sounds lamb, and left. Guess what? She's asleep. 

I'm going to kill SO many zombies.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

*sigh* I lied. She's NOT asleep. Apparently my hopes were too high. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Bummer. Miikka is usually horrible in the evening when e doesn't get a nap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Bean was horrible.at taking naps. It was always a fight. He was around 2 when he gave them up for good. Sigh I do miss mommy time. But looking forward to him going to.school so I can get fun things done again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
If we are home Adelyn doesn't take naps and is still going strong after 8 on most nights (like tonight). Sometimes she's asleep by 8.
If we go somewhere she usually takes a nap in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Joshua is a pain in the ass if he doesn't nap. He has set his maps early too at 1130-130 or 2. If he doesn't lay down for bed between 8-830 he has a hard time going down at night.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I hear you there.  My youngest who is 21 months old has bronchitis and it is messing up his asthma so right now he isn't sleeping for naps or at night.  I so need a break!!!!!

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Ds is 13 months so he always takes a nap still.....mama needs nap time!!!!
Bertha21
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM

That actually happened to me today!!! I loved mommy time! :( My son will be two on the 21st, but today he decided he didn't need a nap. I would shower and put on my makeup while he slept, it looks like the nap days are over. :( I feel your pain. lol

waSaby
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Poor Mama, I have a sick 7 month old with double ear infections who wants nothing to do with naps and wants to be held. Needless to say no cleaning got done today.
sarahjz
by Sarah on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My four year old still naps most days.  If he doesn't, he is unbearable by about 630pm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN