Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's already going to be a long day.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ugh, therapy did not go well this morning. I don't mind having a therapist and I find that pyschologically trained and objective person to listen to me is MOST refreshing. But he kept pressuring me this morning to have a theraputic goal. I don't make goals. I don't like feeling pressured into completing something like it's a matter of life or death. I mean, I can have something that I want to do, but if I don't achieve it I don't like feeling like it's the end of the world, I'm more of a go with with the flow type of girl and in the moment sort of person. He didn't seem to get that though but I'm sure we'll work it out.

The worst part of my day is the hours long of nothing to do between the end of my session and my workout. I went to the store and bought this protein shake and an apple to eat for my PRE workout and the protein shake is less than desireable, it's got like a chalky aftertaste, is that normal? Dh says it is but eh, meh.

I think you ladies will be getting random posts like this on Wednesdays because at school I have a laptop that has a FULL keyboard and oh my god am I ever loving this. Look at me use a 'k' without having to use the on screen keyboard! The shift keys work! Oh glorius day that is my typing speed finally going back to normal. It's like a nice workout for my fingers.

Speaking of workouts, you know what I hate about the gym? Changing in front of people. I hate my body enough as it is and all these other girls are pretty thin so it's like heeeeeey chubby over here while I get to show off my stretch marks. And there are no changing rooms, just bathrooms, and I hate public bathrooms. Germs. PCC is pretty good about sanitizing though, I hope that PPCC is the same way when I go there in the fall.

I wish I had this enthusiasm to go to school when I was a teenager.

I guess I could workout and then go practice piano. But the teacher has taken over the public piano room and I need that piano room. I also need a penny. Yes, the piano and the penny are related to eachother, to keep my wrists straight. Apparently I raise my fingers really high when I'm not touching a piano key with them but thats not something that I can help, my right pinky is always raised when I'm not typing with it. Wanna know why? Cause that's a sign of royalty baby, that's right, I'm totally royal now.

Maybe instead of bothering you ladies with my random nonsense I should start a blog but my fear from that is that it'll end up in Leah's personal graveyard of blogs that I've started and never finished. It's ironic that I love to write and yet am not consistent enough to keep up with a blog.

Ok ok, I'm leaving now. Thanks for reading ladies if you go through this whole thing!

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

LOL - Leah, you make me smile.

I'm not a friend of setting goals either, but sometimes it just has to be done.  Anxiety kicks in when that happens though.

heydooney
by Danielle on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell him your goal is to be more comfortable making goals. There. Mission accomplished.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Haha I <3 you Leah. I am rather random today as well. I haven't set a goal in a very.long time. Unless you count house chores. I enjoys ppcc but I don't every remember using bathrooms outside of the culinary arts one. And there really wasn't changing rooms in there. I just always showed up in my chef clothing so I didn't have to change in front of everyone and that was prebaby. I guess it might also depend on whichever campus you go to. Hmm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting heydooney:

Just tell him your goal is to be more comfortable making goals. There. Mission accomplished.

i love this ^ idea!  :)

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

YOU, my friend, are a genius. Why didn't I think of that??

Quoting heydooney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)