Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

What's for dinner tonight ladies?

eating

Honestly? I'm not entirely sure, I have ground beef defrosting so something with that lol. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-16):
nessarae114
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Sure I'll share my recipe, just a heads up I don't measure stuff, so use how much you like (I am not a huge onion fan so I only use a half of a small one, but we like spice, so I put quite a bit of chillies.)

You'll need:
Diced pork
Green chillies (I use pueblo chillies I get every year in pueblo, but you could use any fire roasted chillies, our a can of Ortega)
Onion
Garlic
Flour
Can of fire roasted tomatoes
Can of chicken broth.

Dice chillies, onions, and garlic, combine in a bowl.

Brown pork (i usually add worshtshire sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic and onion powder)

Add in chili mixture, brown for a few moments.

Add in flour, depending on how thick you like it, I add in enough to make a decent paste. Cook until it turns a bit brown.

Add in tomatoes, cook about 5 mins

Add in chicken broth. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn down heat and simmer at least 30 mins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waSaby
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Chicken fetuccini sp? And grean beans
ladysamanda
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Well, dinner for Feb the 2nd is corn beef, cabbage, and either peaches or watermelon. MMMMMM.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Thanks for sharing!

Quoting nessarae114:

Sure I'll share my recipe, just a heads up I don't measure stuff, so use how much you like (I am not a huge onion fan so I only use a half of a small one, but we like spice, so I put quite a bit of chillies.)

You'll need:
Diced pork
Green chillies (I use pueblo chillies I get every year in pueblo, but you could use any fire roasted chillies, our a can of Ortega)
Onion
Garlic
Flour
Can of fire roasted tomatoes
Can of chicken broth.

Dice chillies, onions, and garlic, combine in a bowl.

Brown pork (i usually add worshtshire sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic and onion powder)

Add in chili mixture, brown for a few moments.

Add in flour, depending on how thick you like it, I add in enough to make a decent paste. Cook until it turns a bit brown.

Add in tomatoes, cook about 5 mins

Add in chicken broth. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn down heat and simmer at least 30 mins.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We love corned beef but DH isn't a big cabbage fan so I usually do ours with potatoes and carrots instead. 

Quoting ladysamanda:

Well, dinner for Feb the 2nd is corn beef, cabbage, and either peaches or watermelon. MMMMMM.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Yum! Corned beef sounds awesome!

Quoting ladysamanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN