Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Would be nice to be appreciated!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

My DH is away until next Monday or Tuesday, and he's been gone since last Sunday. I am tired of making just stuff the kids will eat, so I made crock pot potato soup and bread bowls. I was very proud of them and I thought the novelty of eating the bowl, the uncomplicated flavors, along with the cheese and bacon garnish, would entice my picky children.

No. It did not.

This guy got down on the floor and started an all-out tantrum without even tasting it. So he spent dinner in his bed.

K ate a little but he acted like he was doing me a favor. "Ooh, see mom? I'm eating THIS much for you." Corbs ate the bacon off the top and dipped the bread a little but barely ate anything.

I miss cooking for someone who likes food.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Mmm that sounds soo good! I hear yea on the tired of cooking for just kids. I am glad hunny is home this weekend but last week while he was gone we ate so poorly. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I stocked up on pasta today :/

At least they will eat vegetables!

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Mmm that sounds soo good! I hear yea on the tired of cooking for just kids. I am glad hunny is home this weekend but last week while he was gone we ate so poorly. :-(

scurnes
by Sara on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
That looks great! Sorry the kids didn't like it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Bean is picky with veggies he loves his fruit but he mostly wants hot dogs and sandwiches for dinner. One in a while I can get him to eat chicken if I make nuggets. But rarely.

Quoting heydooney:

I stocked up on pasta today :/

At least they will eat vegetables!

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Bummer...we make the kids eat the same as us but it doesn't always mean they eat. We just don't make special food. Miikka is pretty picky. I try to make sure there is something he will eat in the meal but we don't cook around him. Those look great btw!
Momwithagap
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

That looks yummy. Kids amaze me how just the site of food is a natural No I am not eating that. My daughter does that and when I make her taste it she is amazed to discover he likes it. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Those look yummy!  My older two kids are just now getting where they are more willing to try lots of new things and eat a greater variety. 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You can come prepare those for me any day of the week, they look amazing! And you made bread bowls, very cool!

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Ill appreciate you ill be there soon!!!
Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I would have eaten seconds
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)