Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Night weaning, night four

Posted by   + Show Post

He only woke up once, at 4:30 (almost the whole night, eeee!). But this time he was not interested in looking at the window, having a drink of water, or watching the Africa movie. There was only one thing on his mind. So it took about 10 minutes of crying before he asked for water and then refused to let me put the cup back on the nightstand. He just wanted to sleep and hold it. Nuh-uh, not in my bed!

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Replies (11-16):
Momwithagap
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Your probably right. Does he just wake to hang out or do you let him cry at all? That's my problem , I don't let him cry cause I don't want to wake my daughter who is in school. I thought he would just grow out of the waking phase but no such luck so far. 

Quoting heydooney:

I wonder if he's that way too, he knows I'm right there so he can just wake right up and get some milk or water or cuddles or whatever. But when he does move out of our room it's going to be in with his brothers and I think he'll sleep better with us than with them, lol!

Quoting Momwithagap:

I wish I could make that work but I feel like knowing we are there he wakes more. Last night went okay. He wasn't scared so that was good but he did his usual 3 in the middle of the night wake ups... 

Quoting heydooney:

He does. His toddler bed is up against the wall and our bed is up against that. Sometimes he sleeps in his bed, sometimes ours. Good luck!

Quoting Momwithagap:

That's great. So does he sleep in your room? I just moved jr. Out of my room today. Wish me luck on his first night in his own room.

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I let him scream & cry because 1) I can't be doing every little thing he demands. Last night he threw a fit because I wouldn't fill the water cup to the brim. There was water in it but he hadn't even taken a drink. He just wanted it FULL, and 2) my other 2 sleep like rocks at night. Through a solid hour of ear-splitting screams, they just slept on!

Quoting Momwithagap:

Your probably right. Does he just wake to hang out or do you let him cry at all? That's my problem , I don't let him cry cause I don't want to wake my daughter who is in school. I thought he would just grow out of the waking phase but no such luck so far. 

Quoting heydooney:

I wonder if he's that way too, he knows I'm right there so he can just wake right up and get some milk or water or cuddles or whatever. But when he does move out of our room it's going to be in with his brothers and I think he'll sleep better with us than with them, lol!

Quoting Momwithagap:

I wish I could make that work but I feel like knowing we are there he wakes more. Last night went okay. He wasn't scared so that was good but he did his usual 3 in the middle of the night wake ups... 

Quoting heydooney:

He does. His toddler bed is up against the wall and our bed is up against that. Sometimes he sleeps in his bed, sometimes ours. Good luck!

Quoting Momwithagap:

That's great. So does he sleep in your room? I just moved jr. Out of my room today. Wish me luck on his first night in his own room.

Momwithagap
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

My daughter used to sleep hard but wakes when her brother screams. Is he waking just for the water? Does he sleep well for naps? 

Quoting heydooney:

I let him scream & cry because 1) I can't be doing every little thing he demands. Last night he threw a fit because I wouldn't fill the water cup to the brim. There was water in it but he hadn't even taken a drink. He just wanted it FULL, and 2) my other 2 sleep like rocks at night. Through a solid hour of ear-splitting screams, they just slept on!

Quoting Momwithagap:

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Hopefully it is getting better!

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Momwith agap:

My daughter used to sleep hard but wakes when her brother screams. Is he waking just for the water? He wants milk, but after a while will settle for the water. Does he sleep well for naps? Sometimes he will sleep a couple hours, sometimes 45 minutes, sometimes he skips a nap altogether. If he wakes up in the "middle" of a nap for milk, I will just get him up and distract him, and then it's that much easier to get him to bed at night.

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Momwithagap
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I wish I had some awesome suggestions bt I totally give into my sons requests and now we are fighting to break these very habits I created for him. I have tried the water at night like you have been doing and for the past two nights he went back to bed right away when he realized it was only water not milk. But he still wakes several times. I sleep the first half the night in my room and the other half in his. It's exhausting. 

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwith agap:

My daughter used to sleep hard but wakes when her brother screams. Is he waking just for the water? He wants milk, but after a while will settle for the water. Does he sleep well for naps? Sometimes he will sleep a couple hours, sometimes 45 minutes, sometimes he skips a nap altogether. If he wakes up in the "middle" of a nap for milk, I will just get him up and distract him, and then it's that much easier to get him to bed at night.

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Quoting heydooney:

Quoting Momwithagap:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN