Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Thinking of moving to Colorado...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have lived in the same TX town for my entire life. We have 2 kids (one school age) that would be going with us.  Any thoughts or advice for us?

I'm a spanking, pro choice, country living, stay at home, Christian, private schooling, Texan mommy of one boy and two girls.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
First look into jobs. Then decide from there where you want to go. Each city town has pros and cons but jobs is a huge start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thebazyle
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM

My husband is a Texas native and talks about moving back all the time. He hates the cold (he has joked about calling off work on account of it being too cold) and talks about how Texas is the "promised land". He also frequently comments on how he misses all the green and wildlife in TX. I however, am a Coloradan through and through and love it here. So, if you can deal with cold 3/4ths of the year, don't mind shoveling snow (depending on where you go), and love outdoor activities and mountains (again, depending on where you go) then it's a great place to be. However, I've heard Coloradans aren't as friendly as Texans but I dunno about that. I also agree with Bradensmommy about pros and cons of each city but that's to be said about anywhere really. Good luck to you!

EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I think DH would really love to have seasons. Here we have seasons but it goes something like this.... Summer lasts for about 10 months, Fall for about 2 weeks, "winter" for a month or so, Spring for a couple of weeks, and then back to blistering hot summer. Every year DS8 prays for snow all winter long. He got snow once and we had a snow ball fight but we had a hard time coming up with enough snow to make the snow balls. lol

Mom2HayTay
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I was born and raised in a small town in Louisiana. We have lived in LA, AR, TX, CA, and CO. Colorado is by far the best place we've ever lived. We live in Centennial, which is a suburb just south of Denver. Everything here is SO family oriented. The weather is amazing, which means more outside time. There aren't mosquitos and wasps here like there are in the south which could be my favorite part LOL. Unless you just hate snow, which we don't get too much IMO, I think anyone would love living here. Oh and the schools are amazing!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Welcome to the group!  DH is from Texas but has lived here for the past 9.5 years.  He misses Texas somewhat because of all his family there but likes Colorado and how pretty it is and all there is to do here. 

My best advice with the economy the way it is would be for you to look at jobs first and then based on where you find jobs you can look for where you would like to live nearby.  If you need the name of an awesome realtor in the Denver area(not sure if you are looking in the city or not) I know a great one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)