Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Busy day

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
It's been a busy day. I got up and posted some photos for sale on my photography Facebook page and while I was doing that Danielle (heydooney) texted seeing if we wanted to go to a play area for kids. We talked about it the night before but DH got his work schedule changes last minute do I had the morning off instead of the afternoon. Did that until pretty close to noon. We got lunch at the grocery store ad DH met us at home. We ate and ten headed out to get yarn. Hobby lobby was having a sale do I had to change projects last minute due to them not having colors I wanted. So now I'm making two knit projects, one is baby legs and a stocking hat (photo prop) in dr Seuss colors an the second is Al's knit but it's a sock giraffe. I love giraffes an it will probably end up being Miikka's but I'm excited. I rolled balls of yarn when I got home and watched a movie. DH left for hockey and I got dinner going. We are Gavin grilled cheeseburgers that I seasoned up and fried potatoes. I'm making DS a grilled cheese while I make the burgers since he doesn't care for hamburger. We will eat in half an hour or so. After DH gets home we might watch a movie but right. Or I'm enjoying cuddles from DS. He's such a lover. Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Aw, that sounds fun!

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I sat on the couch most the day going through boxes of complete randomness. Not really several were clothes that don't fit anyone and several were boxes of my stuffed animals and lil knick knacks to big for my shadow boxes.

We made plans to get me some brackets so I can hang shelves since we won't be moving anytime soon. Lol

Now I am going to turn on my heating pad and stitch :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I cleaned my dads kitchen
Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Hows he recovering?

Quoting Babybear89:

Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
fairly well the pain is still pretty bad

Quoting Virgo.Mama:

Hows he recovering?

Quoting Babybear89:

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM

It was good to see you yesterday!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Yes and I think the kids had fun too. Your aqua bat is going to be cute too. I haven't started that giraffe yet because I am not familiar with the cast on but I'll YouTube it eventually. How was bananas, or whatever that park was? Is it worth givin a shot for next time?

Quoting heydooney:

dmwood
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM

That sounds like a nice productive day.

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We haven't gone yet. I know the playgroup is going on friday but I don't know if I'll go because we're planning on it for the next week and I want it to be special, haha.

I need to figure out a better head for the aquabat because the comments on that blog post from people who followed the pattern all say their head turned out tall and narrow.

Here's the pattern if you're interested: http://crazycraftiness.blogspot.com/2011/06/basic-amigurumi-body-june-pattern-part.html

Quoting mjimaging:

Yes and I think the kids had fun too. Your aqua bat is going to be cute too. I haven't started that giraffe yet because I am not familiar with the cast on but I'll YouTube it eventually. How was bananas, or whatever that park was? Is it worth givin a shot for next time?

Quoting heydooney:

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Good luck with the head. I like your idea of just changing colors to make it look like it has clothes on. That totally makes sense. There are tons of toys like that on lion brand yarn website I think. Now that I've dabbled in crochet it opens a lot of doors for projects.

Quoting heydooney:

We haven't gone yet. I know the playgroup is going on friday but I don't know if I'll go because we're planning on it for the next week and I want it to be special, haha.

I need to figure out a better head for the aquabat because the comments on that blog post from people who followed the pattern all say their head turned out tall and narrow.

Here's the pattern if you're interested: http://crazycraftiness.blogspot.com/2011/06/basic-amigurumi-body-june-pattern-part.html

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting heydooney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)