Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Night weaning, night fivvfffmpzzzzzz...

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

I think it's getting worse, not better. 3:30 until after 4 we were up. Crying and screaming and silly little demands that he knows I'll do just to get him to shut up, lol. Like going out to the kitchen to refill the water cup even though it wasn't empty. And then refilling it again after I took a drink without his permission, lol.

Arg.

And then he was sitting up in the bed and I was laying kind of next to him, kind of behind him on the pillow so I would notice if he moved at all. I fell asleep and when I woke up he was asleep with his head on my neck/shoulder. It's a wonder I could breathe at all. I moved him off me to the pillow and fortunately he didn't wake up again.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Aww some tough nights are to be expected hugs mama stay strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Miikka always cuddled in to my armpit when I wouldn't let him nurse. Maybe his age made it a little easier. He might have understood better. I think we are almost weaned all together now. It seems to have been a long road.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momwithagap
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Oh so sorry. I hope it was a one night thing and that going forward you have beautiful sleep....

leaniece
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I promise it gets better. I just weaned my 19 month old. she wasnt bad at all but my dd, at the time 28 month old, sounds like your son. She was very stubborn. The hardest part was saying no but it was time. It started with once during the day, then once at night. A week later no more. She cried and pleaded too. After two weeks if that, she would show up in my bedroom and just want me to to take her to bed until she fell asleep. Now she sleeps on her own at 34 months. My point to all this rambling is it takes time and persistence, even when it looks like it isn't working. Good luck to u and your son :)
Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
it will get better
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)