Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Nebraska

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 22 Replies
DH wants to apply to a job in Nebraska :( he at least asked me first but I think I'm going to say no. It pays what I make here. I know it would be more what e wants to be doing since it would be cattle research or something like that but Nebraska...really! I don't want to move. I want to see how my lactation consultant thing plays out here first. I like the scenery here and there are so many things to do. I don't know that Nebraska can even come close to the scenery here. We would be back to having no help ever when it came to date night or anything. If we had to work late, oh well, no one is close to pick up DS. I don't know. We finally live by family again and he wants to apply out of state again. I don't know if I have another big move in me. It makes me want to cry. I don't want to hold him back but we've lived in Ohio, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Texas and Colorado since 2005. Should I let him apply an see what happens or just say no, make it work here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2HayTay
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I think guys can be more analytical until they get a burst of impulsiveness. Maybe if you write a pros and cons list where he can see that where you are is better for your family and makes more sense then he may be able to let the idea of moving dissipate.

Unfortunately if the only thing holding YOU here is the family then you may want to let your husband try it out and see what happens. You can always move back.

Good Luck!

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yuck... we drive through Nebraska on our way to visit family. It smells like roadkill and there's NOTHING TO SEE.

I like Mom2HayTay's idea - a logical list.

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Also, YOU CAN'T MOVE AWAY.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I'd make a pros and cons list to.
If it was me I'd tell him no because I wouldn't want to pick up the kids and our life here for a possibly good job.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Make a list. Also loom into what bills would average there. If its the same you are making here it might not be worth it. But also ask him if their are other reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
The thing is, he's been chasing jobs since we got married and he can't seem to find full time work here. I'm annoyed and the job has to e applied to this week. This week is the deadline. I told him to apply but before he can accept IF he gets called I need research on the area. He's going to have to do his homework. My daughter is in seventh grade and has been in seven different schools. Granted one was to move from elementary to middle in the same city but still.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Trials are tough. We can't really affor housing in two cities. Moving back is tough, moving is expensive. Trust me, we've done it a lot. It's always tough to find housing for the pets since most places don't like so many. We just need to settle. I'm tired of chasing jobs that don't work out. I don't know why he can't keep a job.

Quoting Mom2HayTay:

I think guys can be more analytical until they get a burst of impulsiveness. Maybe if you write a pros and cons list where he can see that where you are is better for your family and makes more sense then he may be able to let the idea of moving dissipate.

Unfortunately if the only thing holding YOU here is the family then you may want to let your husband try it out and see what happens. You can always move back.

Good Luck!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM
You might be moving too! I doubt they will even call. I may say no even if they do but I guess he needs to try. That way I didn't hold him back. I told him I need research too. I need to know its a better place and I doubt it is.

Quoting heydooney:

Also, YOU CAN'T MOVE AWAY.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
We barely have a life here. We've only been here since June. But I hate moving. We don't even have the boxes unpacked from the last move.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I'd make a pros and cons list to.
If it was me I'd tell him no because I wouldn't want to pick up the kids and our life here for a possibly good job.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
He just want to work with cattle ad can't find someplace here apparently. This isn't a farm though. It's a research facility.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Make a list. Also loom into what bills would average there. If its the same you are making here it might not be worth it. But also ask him if their are other reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN