Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED IDEAS!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

ok mama's, if you could help by telling me what you drive and how much your registration was/is it would be extremely helpful!!

DH bought me a car for Christmas and registration is coming due...I need an idea of how much it MIGHT be. I called them today to see if the paperwork and what not was ready and she said it was, and that she can't give me a price of the registration but to "bring a few hundred..."  A "few" to me is 3 or 4...

What do you think?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Bran was told rates are based on how.much it weighs. I have a 95 Toyota tercel. And I pay just under 50. Bran just registered an 87 Chevy 3/4 ton and it was about 150. My dad has a ford f150 and also pays 150. My mom has a ford z whatever and pays close to 100.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM

When we had a 2009 car we never more than $300 for insurance. We have a '92 now and we pay $80 maybe? I dunno, I forgot but it wasn't that much.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Also you have one month grace period after they are expired to pay for them. So if you expire in fed you have till the end of march to pay for your tags in Colo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM

yeah I know lol I will probably have to use it too! DH's car was hit by some lady and though her insurance is paying to get it fixed and for the rental we still had to put "hold" money down for the rental which took half of my registration money.  It's an 09 Honda Odyssey, so it's about 11,000 lbs.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Also you have one month grace period after they are expired to pay for them. So if you expire in fed you have till the end of march to pay for your tags in Colo

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Check the lil piece of paper that comes with the tags when you registered it. The paper should say how much you paid and can give you a rough guess at what it will be this time.

Quoting Larsbug:

yeah I know lol I will probably have to use it too! DH's car was hit by some lady and though her insurance is paying to get it fixed and for the rental we still had to put "hold" money down for the rental which took half of my registration money.  It's an 09 Honda Odyssey, so it's about 11,000 lbs.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

it's new (well to me)...I have never registered it before

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Check the lil piece of paper that comes with the tags when you registered it. The paper should say how much you paid and can give you a rough guess at what it will be this time.

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I didn't know about the grace period!

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Quoting sarahjz:

I didn't know about the grace period!

there is a 30-day grace period for already registered cars...not sure about new registration ones though

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM

We have a suburban and I think ours is around $100

mommyofton
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM

2010 for escape 400

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)