Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

How many times?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Aaarrgh!

How many times do I have to tell my daughter to fold a basket of towels?  She was told to do it last night, 3 times this morning and again just now.  Are they folded?  Nope.

I swear there are days I would like to beat her (I don't/won't, but it sure is tempting sometimes)!

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I totally know the feeling! DD is horrible at doing what she's told.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Sounds like my house.  Does it really take me 4 times of telling you to brush your teeth before you even head to the restroom?

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Glad my son isn't the only one that doesn't listen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM

drowning in laundry

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I hear ya!!

Dd is only two but I have those problems with my husband! I tell that man to do the dishes, he does half of them, then says he'll do them in the morning and are they done? nooooooo. 

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

DS has been "cleaning" his room for 2 days now. He made a decent dent in it yesterday but then started slacking.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

My DS has been "cleaning" his room for a couple of days as well.  

Gosh, if I'd pulled the not doing what I was told stunt when I was there age... let's just say I wouldn't have even thought of it.  Wish I knew how to get them to do what they're told, the first time.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

DS has been "cleaning" his room for 2 days now. He made a decent dent in it yesterday but then started slacking.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Exactly! If I was told to clean my room it had better get done. Occasionally I'd pull the "I'm to hungry to clean" card and then I'd get lunch and then HAVE to finish my room or else. I have taken toys away from DS, threatened to take ALL the toys out of his room, grounded him from playing games, everything I can think of and he still doesn't care. He just keeps it up. At first I said he was just young and learning but now its ridiculous.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Gosh, if I'd pulled the not doing what I was told stunt when I was there age... let's just say I wouldn't have even thought of it.  Wish I knew how to get them to do what they're told, the first time.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Same here.  I just don't get it.  And, I don't have the excuse of my kids being young anymore since they're 15 & 11. lol

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Exactly! If I was told to clean my room it had better get done. Occasionally I'd pull the "I'm to hungry to clean" card and then I'd get lunch and then HAVE to finish my room or else. I have taken toys away from DS, threatened to take ALL the toys out of his room, grounded him from playing games, everything I can think of and he still doesn't care. He just keeps it up. At first I said he was just young and learning but now its ridiculous.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM
oh dear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN