Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Damn you Best Buy!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

Alright, I want that Yoga laptop. I've wanted it since the day I laid on eyes on it and I've had to wait THIS long to be able to afford it.  

I deserve this laptop simply on the principle of my unwavering patience. 

So tonight I went to buy it. 

Let me just start this story off by saying that if I'm off to buy something big and important it's a 98% guarantee I'll run into problems doing it. I always do, it's as if fate is saying "Hey Leah! You can have it, but you're gonna have to work extra hard around major incompetence and complete bullsh*t in order to get it." Thanks fate, thanks. 

I went to Best Buy. That was my first mistake.

NOBODY approached me asking if I needed help and I was hanging around there looking all sorts of interested and in need of help. I fiddled. I faddled. Nothing. 

So finally I go in search of someone myself (since I apparently have to do everything) and said hey! Yoga laptop, do you have it? Turns out that they're discontinuing my yoga laptop and replacing it with a model with back to back led screens which is WAY over the top for me, one led screen is good for me ty. But lucky for me they still have the display model and ding ding ding bells go off in my head that I can have my yoga laptop AND get it with a 10% discount because it's a display. 

Perfect right?

Wrong.

After waiting forever for the guy to even get the laptop off the display thingy and then waiting forever wondering what the hell is going on it turns out the charger to said laptop just "dissapeared" under everyones nose and the laptop model just sat there for, well, EVER in the display, uncharged, until of course it was ME asking to buy it. And nobody noticed this??! Seriously?!

Whatever.

The sales guy was nice and went searching for a replacement but apparently the charger is "unique" to the laptop and the only charger I can get for it (seperately, where I have to order it on my own) is $80! Wtf?? So I get the bright idea to tell him to see if there's another display model I can buy. Turns out there IS in Pueblo, but the computer is damaged but THEY have a charger? The guy asks if I can have it, they say no.

No?? NO?! What are they gonna use it for if the computer it's for is broken? They refused to give it to me!! Perfectly working computer, no charger, it's not that hard to put two and two together. They said it was so they could send it back to the manufacturer for "credit" and they needed all the parts but thats complete BS  because if I don't buy that laptop without a charger they're gonna send it back for FULL credit too so the Pueblo Best Buy doesn't NEED that charger, they're just being giant douchebags for the sake of it. 

So Wednesday I'm going to go down to Best Buy in Pueblo and they will feel my wrath and they WILL give me the charger so help me god. 

The Best Buy guys here said they would give me $180 off which basically pays for the charger and still gives me $100 off the laptop which is still a good deal but I wouldn't GET the laptop until almost 2 weeks from now! Because I still gotta buy the charger, wait for it to get here, take it to them, then wait 48 more hours while they wipe the demo off. Does that sound like customer service to you? Since when does the customer have to do all the work?!

Vent over.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Dear my oh my! I would have been pissed and left. Lol hunny on the other hand would have talked them into the bran new one for the display price of the old one. Hope it all works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Are you talking about a lenovo y series?

Either way, show them the wrath of Leah!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Have you looked online to order it? If you have to wait for a charger anyway, why not order the whole thing.
debmom07
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Good luck. Show em who boss.
Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
boo they suck
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Best Buy customer service?  Yeah, that sounds about right.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Yeah! That one. I want it. I will have it. Have you ever had to have something that just speaks to you?

Quoting Virgo.Mama:

Virgo.Mama
by Brittney on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Yes. The same thing. Lol. I'm ordering mine off amazon tomorrow. Lenovo y 580 you will be miiineeeeee

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Yeah! That one. I want it. I will have it. Have you ever had to have something that just speaks to you?

Quoting Virgo.Mama:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Because I am now aware that it's a discontinued laptop and it's being replaced by something else so now I don't want to pay full price for something I know stores are going to try to be getting rid of. Online they're still going for over $1,000 and if I can talk Best Buy in Pueblo into giving me their damn charger I can get it for $761 which is still a good discount.

Worse comes to worse I'll get this other laptop that's similar to the yoga.

Quoting mjimaging:

Have you looked online to order it? If you have to wait for a charger anyway, why not order the whole thing.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Can you link me to where you're getting it off amazon?

We should go shopping together! We could take the shopping world by storm!

Quoting Virgo.Mama:

Yes. The same thing. Lol. I'm ordering mine off amazon tomorrow. Lenovo y 580 you will be miiineeeeee

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting Virgo.Mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN