Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

sigh...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM
  • 13 Replies

I don't know why I miss my one friend back home so much right now. I used to call him at all hours, he didn't mind, he was always up. We used to talk forever too but we don't talk as much now, he has a girlfriend. That doesn't bother me, he's basically a second dad. I've known him over half my life, well, 20 years now. Man, that's a long time. Since I got married and started moving around, I see very little of him. I don't often get home and I just feel emotional about it. I don't really know how to tell him I miss him. We can sit in a crowded room next to each other and say nothing and still have a smile on our faces just to be in the same room. I'm told that he smiles more when I'm around from people who see him frequently. I wanted to call him tonight but I don't know if he'd be up, it's almost midnight where he is.I tried to text but he didn't respond. I think his phone was off this afternoon since it went straight to voicemail. I know he's not singing, their schedule is open for tonight. I would love to go home for a weekend and spend a whole day with him but it's not feasable right now. I wish it was. He loves seeing the kids too. I don't know if he sees them as grand kids or not but I know DD loves seeing him. He can be singing and he'll come down off stage just to give DD a hug, well, that was when she was little. She's bigger now and I don't know if he would do the same. He even held DS last time and most guys don't like to hold little kids much. Our only pic is a really lousy one but it is one just the same.

This is him and Miikka...

I don't know what it is but I just miss him. I don't think I've seen him since, well, that pic and it's dated 2011. Aw well, you guys are probably tired of hearing about him. Overly emotional I guess. It's sort of out of left field. Have a good night everyone.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Left field is always good! Missing good friends is always hard :(

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM
That night, from the picture above, we sat on that stage talking about how it had been too long since we last visited and that it shouldn't be that long again. Well, here it is, almost two years later, again. I just need to work in going home. If I do it in the summer, food and gas are the biggest expenses. I can camp along the way. I've done that before and it's not bad. Once I get there I can stay with my parents. Maybe with my upcoming career change it will be easier.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Left field is always good! Missing good friends is always hard :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I'm sorry you miss your friend.  :(

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I have been an emotion wreck this week. Today is that anniversary of.my grandmothers death. And my best friend is in Denver and hunny is working.

Its hard to.miss a friend call him and just say hi it might help you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

I have been an emotion wreck this week. Today is that anniversary of.my grandmothers death. And my best friend is in Denver and hunny is working.

Its hard to.miss a friend call him and just say hi it might help you feel better.

Sorry you are having a rough week.  Hopefully it gets better!!

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Can you bring him here? Could he maybe book a tour around here? What does he sing?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
He's just a part of a dance band and they don't travel any more. They used to go fatter but I don't think they have ever left the state of wisconsin. They are all getting up there in age. He's 66 and the oldest but I'm sure the youngest is either late 40's or early 50's. I don't pay as much attention to the others. Danny was the one that brought over to their band from when he left te band I liked. They are good but they just stick to their hometown.

Quoting heydooney:

Can you bring him here? Could he maybe book a tour around here? What does he sing?

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Aw, I see. Maybe he could take a vacation? Is he in OK health? 66 is not too bad for travel.

Quoting mjimaging:

He's just a part of a dance band and they don't travel any more. They used to go fatter but I don't think they have ever left the state of wisconsin. They are all getting up there in age. He's 66 and the oldest but I'm sure the youngest is either late 40's or early 50's. I don't pay as much attention to the others. Danny was the one that brought over to their band from when he left te band I liked. They are good but they just stick to their hometown.

Quoting heydooney:

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I tried yesterday. it went straight to voicemail.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I think he's in really good health but he doesn't travel. He's actually scared of bridges. He has some weird quirks.

Quoting heydooney:

Aw, I see. Maybe he could take a vacation? Is he in OK health? 66 is not too bad for travel.

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting heydooney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN