Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

OK Hubby, I GET it!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 12 Replies

Yesterday he replied to a friend's status about being excited for VDay:

Love day was invented to raise greeting card and flower sales.

I said:

Luckily, Paul saw the racket for what it was and refused to comply, thus ensuring no sentimental gifts would be bestowed upon me. My hero.

and he replied:

She's so full of it, my presence is gift enough.

Right, cause I love to see the back of his head as he plays computer games.

Then TODAY before I even got up, he posted these two gems on facebook:

and

He's probably going to argue that getting up with the kids and "letting me sleep in" counts for something, even though all he did was grouch at them and wake me up.

Well, I'm going out for lunch and a movie with my friend. She can be my valentine.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Ugh! Men!!

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM

He's always been about just being himself and not caring what other people think, not feeling pressure to conform, which I love about him. BUT I think he carries it too far sometimes and feels like he NEEDS to rebel for the sake of rebelling. That if he does what everyone else is doing, even if it's what he wants to do, that he is somehow losing his individuality. I told it to him straight and got an apology. That's all I was after, and I am happy. I WIN!

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww have fun with your friend. Bran is working today so he said.he will make it up this weekend. Which means we will go.to.McDonald's and he will buy icream after we.finish dinner:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Friends make the best Valentine's anyways :) 

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

So, umm, your hubby really hates Valentine's Day, huh?  lol

SpOtTeRzChiCk89
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Mine says he shows me he loves me everyday of the year so y should he make one day special... Loser men haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Men are annoying sometimes. I asked dh if he was going to do anything and he just said I don't know which totally means no.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I got up to a bag of goodies. Of course it meant more underwear. That is a given. I don't wear half of it but he keeps buying it. The rest was good though, body soaps, lotions and spritzes. I didn't finish my gift to him but it means I can work on it while he's home now.
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm all about not loosing your individuality, but if being extra sweet to your spouse one day a year makes her happy, why not give in, and make her happy?  Afterall, happy wife=happy life is absolutely true.  :)

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Sorry he wasn't into the whole romance thing much!  I hope you had fun with your friend though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)