Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

K, I'm better now.

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

I share.

I share a lot.

I don't see a lot of reason as to why I shouldn't to be honest. People get really bent up on this whole technical day and age of "oversharing". I say share all the things! So what if that one girl on your facebook page instagrams ALL of her food? Jealous much? I know I am. Especially if it's sushi. Or if she made it herself, I'm doubly impressed. Share away sushi girl (who is really totally made up in my head, I dont have friends like that, ha!) don't let 'em get you down. 

However. (you like that little however, don't you?)

Yesterday I was NOT in a sharing mood and that's obviously a rare occurence. Maybe it was fate. Maybe it was just one of those days. Maybe it was that meteor who took the wrong detour next to earth. Oh, no, wait, I remember what it was, it was my idiot husband being an idiot. 

angry

Long story short (because I can't tell a short story) I apparently set my expectations too high for the other days day 'o' love. For some reason I had it in my head he was still romantic, pfft, silly me. What my husband really is is incredibly dense. Like thick dense. Like deep-into-the-african-jungle-hack-your-way-through-with-a-big-bad-ass-sword-just-to-move-another-few-steps dense. Ugh, I'm still angry about it.

So MY night ended up (after a failed attempt at going out and lots of "Well, what do YOU wanna do?" effing...*deep breath Leah*) at my friend Tarrah's house with a bottle of white zinfandale (the first bottle of wine I grabbed and you should have seen the look on the cashier's face, I dont know if he was concerned or frightened) that I drank most of, a cheap tostino's pizza courtesy of Tarrah, and the movie "Butter" which has a sexy Olivia Wilde in it. When I came home both daughter and husband were in bed asleep and so I just followed suit. 

Now, you would THINK that my husband would take a freaking hint right? I, his wife, left him a nice little Valentine heart chocolate surprise in the car for him. What did I get in return? NOTHING. 

I shit you not ladies, I didn't get a damn thing. (obviously there's more to that, but you get my gist)

So I spent all of the 15th not texting him (universal sign that your wife is pissed off with you) and so, again, my expectations are ridiculously high and I expected something for him to make it up to me. A 50% off box of chocolates maybe? A big giant teddy bear with the words "I'm sorry" printed on it?

They make those. I googled it. 

Nope, not a damn thing. Again!!! How does he not THINK of these things? I mean, are you KIDDING me?

Ok, I'm getting angry again. So angry. Petty? Possibly. But after watching all your friends post picture after picture after picture on facebook of all their flowers and chocolates and cards it really brings a girl down. I'm gonna end up mad at him all over again if I don't stop here. 

....too late. I'm mad. Where did I put my phone?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Hugs to you.  It is quite possible though that he still doesn't even know you are mad at him and not texting him for that reason and that he doesn't even realize that you hoped to get something.  Men can be quite dense like that.  Often you have to spell it out in ways they can't miss such as saying, "Hey, since you didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day I am thinking it would be nice if you got me the CD I have been wanting or take me to dinner at that resturant I am always talking about." 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Well I took your advice and texted him that. You ready for this? His response?

"Well, I don't feel like making it up to you for as rude as you've been."

Ohhhh boy. He's NOT normally this dumb. I seriously have no idea where he's getting this in his head, I bet he's been talking to MARK, why do men have to have stupid friends?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hugs to you.  It is quite possible though that he still doesn't even know you are mad at him and not texting him for that reason and that he doesn't even realize that you hoped to get something.  Men can be quite dense like that.  Often you have to spell it out in ways they can't miss such as saying, "Hey, since you didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day I am thinking it would be nice if you got me the CD I have been wanting or take me to dinner at that resturant I am always talking about." 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Oh he has been talking to Mark. That's what I thought. 

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Girl I feel ya! I got DH the wallet and a card, put so much thought into it and I thought maybe he would surprise me for once... or not. He said he "thought" about getting me a hat but he didn't know which one to get... I don't wear hats. And he didn't anyways.

The other day he threw a Valentine's blanket in the cart and said there ya go. I guess its something but seriously. All I want is to be surprised! Men - they just don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)