Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Can't I post on facebook without her thinking I'm asking for advice?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

Her = GIL (grandma-in-law). I said that I got friction burn on my elbows from the slide at Bananas, and a friend said "you're doing it wrong" so I told the story that was more funny than embarrassing or painful - K said "hey mom try it this way" and went down the slide feet first on his belly. He and the other kids had been doing it that way all along with no ill consequences so I tried it once. Immediately my shirt caught on the slide and rolled up tightly exposing my belly and back, so while I'm halfway down the slide I'm trying to pull it back down and my elbows rub on the slide a little. I get to the bottom, laughing hysterically, pull my shirt back down, and hope nobody saw that. No freakin big deal. It's funny and everyone lols, and then DH's grandma (looooong backstory, he's not even friends with her on fb, she's a piece of work BUT I try to keep the peace and let stuff go) goes

LEARN>>>>>Pay no attention to K's syggestions till he is mature and you see snother adult do it !! WOW !!!

Like really? Am I that stupid? It's no big deal! Plus she has said before that K is "what's wrong with the world today" and that we don't beat him enough (OK she never said that exactly but she thinks we are not tough enough with him). So totally disregard your child until he is an adult. Maybe that's why her own kids can't stand her... like I really need parenting advice from HER! I am usually really good at holding my tongue but I'm pretty Mama Bear about Kalten where she is concerned, and the capslock and extra exclamation points pushed me over the edge. So I said

I pay attention to his suggestions because he is a smart kid with a lot of creativity and a great way of thinking and above all he is a person. Whether I do them is really up to me and I'm smart enough to know when something is actually dangerous. If he told me to go down headfirst, do you think I'd do it? No real harm was done. Just having a little fun, and no actual flashing happened.

Bring on the drama, lol. Whatevs, I'm over it.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good response from you.  Hopefully she takes the hint and lets it go.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd block her from seeing my posts if it was me. Your kid wanted to interact with him, and instead of playing on your smart phone or texting you played along. That just rubs me all sorts of wrong and I wouldn't want her opinions.

scurnes
by Sara on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

People always give unsolicited advice.  I hate it

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I think she would drive me crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Wow, she seems uptight, and rude.  

heydooney
by Danielle on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Uh. Don't even get me started! She met K when he was 2 months old and has never met the other 2. But DH's cousin's little girl, she looooves her. Whenever any pictures of her are posted on fb she gushes about her in the comments. I think she even called her "my cutest grandbaby" or something like that. DH and I both post tons of pictures of our kids, and NOTHING. Not so much as a "like." Up until I casually mentioned something about it to MIL and she must have said something to her because occasionally I'll get a like or comment here or there. Whatever.

Quoting sarahjz:

Wow, she seems uptight, and rude.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN