Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I wake up with another migraine...

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know what I'll do. 

I've been fighting them for the last 3 days and I'm tired of it!  Imotrex works, but only for so long.  :(

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (11-13):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I live in Colorado, it's been a really dry winter here (well, they all are, but this one seems more so than recent winters).

I have a rice sock thing that smells like peppermint.  Let me tell you, that thing feels so good on my eyes when it's straight out of the freezer and the scent helps too.

Mostly it's allergies, an old injury and hormones that trigger my headaches.

Quoting IBNeaters:

Where do you live?  I know you can't help it, but when I lived in a really humid environment, it was bad.  Now, it's not so bad.  

For relief--put a wet wash cloth in the freezer and stick it over your eyes when it gets cold.  

Also, try to find what triggers them.  I saw a homeopathic doctor and realized what was triggering them and now I only get them every few months.

IBNeaters
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Well, duh you live in Colorado!  Sorry, thought I was posting in another group!  I live in Northglenn and my ha's were horrible when we lived in St. Louis as I'm allergic to mold.  I also recently found out that I have migraines if I eat tomatoes, so I don't eat them anymore!  For me, it was part homeopathic doctor and part trial and error.  I also have hormone issues and it's gotten worse in the past couple of months.  I actually took myself off of birth control because I was having migraines all the time.  I still have to figure out all that stuff with my doctor.  I'm hoping to find a good one!  I have a rice bag, too, but it only lasts about 5 minutes!  I like freezing wet wash rags better, but it just depends on if ds is home or not.  He knows what to do when my head hurts, but he's only 6, so I can't really put that on him right now.  I also use Excedrine Migraine at the first sign of a ha.  I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I've tried maxalt, relpax and imitrex, but they didn't work.  I did do a drug study a few years ago and I can't wait for that one to come out!  It was an inhaler and it worked in no time and you could take it at any point in your migraine.  I'll be getting an rx for that one as soon as it comes out.  Good luck!  

Quoting amonkeymom:

I live in Colorado, it's been a really dry winter here (well, they all are, but this one seems more so than recent winters).

I have a rice sock thing that smells like peppermint.  Let me tell you, that thing feels so good on my eyes when it's straight out of the freezer and the scent helps too.

Quoting IBNeaters:

Where do you live?  I know you can't help it, but when I lived in a really humid environment, it was bad.  Now, it's not so bad.  

For relief--put a wet wash cloth in the freezer and stick it over your eyes when it gets cold.  

Also, try to find what triggers them.  I saw a homeopathic doctor and realized what was triggering them and now I only get them every few months.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

lol - that's ok, I forgot where I was posting too.  I'm in Lakewood.

I'm also allergic to mold, as well as weeds, trees, dogs, cats... it seems like an endless list of environmental allergies.  Huh, interesting.  I did a drug study like that one too for migraines through my allergist office (CO allergy & asthma) and it worked, most of the time, but the stuff tasted awful and that would make me nauseas.  I wish I could use exedrin, but.... allergic to aspirin (aren't I lucky?  lol)

Quoting IBNeaters:

Well, duh you live in Colorado!  Sorry, thought I was posting in another group!  I live in Northglenn and my ha's were horrible when we lived in St. Louis as I'm allergic to mold.  I also recently found out that I have migraines if I eat tomatoes, so I don't eat them anymore!  For me, it was part homeopathic doctor and part trial and error.  I also have hormone issues and it's gotten worse in the past couple of months.  I actually took myself off of birth control because I was having migraines all the time.  I still have to figure out all that stuff with my doctor.  I'm hoping to find a good one!  I have a rice bag, too, but it only lasts about 5 minutes!  I like freezing wet wash rags better, but it just depends on if ds is home or not.  He knows what to do when my head hurts, but he's only 6, so I can't really put that on him right now.  I also use Excedrine Migraine at the first sign of a ha.  I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I've tried maxalt, relpax and imitrex, but they didn't work.  I did do a drug study a few years ago and I can't wait for that one to come out!  It was an inhaler and it worked in no time and you could take it at any point in your migraine.  I'll be getting an rx for that one as soon as it comes out.  Good luck!  

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting IBNeaters:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)