Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Fraud

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
Have you ever had someone take/steal your debit card/number?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
scurnes
by Sara on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I am trying to deal with the bank right now on a charge that I have no clue what it is. This sucks cause it was an international charge so in addition to the almost $105 they took out if my account I have a fee on it too.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Yikes, I hope you get it all worked out!  I have never had to deal with that luckily. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
No thankfully
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Yeah, once about 7 or 8 years ago but the bank caught wind of it before they could really do anything about it.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I haven't, thank goodness.  I really, really hope I never have to deal with that.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Yes once!! I was in Hawaii and my number was being used in Colo. It was a pita but all got taken care of. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
We had it happen to us. Tried to charge $1300 to our card. Chase caught it thank god.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I haven't (knock on wood) but my sister has recently. They got $300 in gas in Ohio and then $300 in gas in Pennsylvania. She thinks they might of got her card number from one of those devices crooks put on the gas pumps. Luckily the bank caught on and her card was froze because it stopped further transactions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM
The bank should take care of that for you. I checke my account at 7 am one morning and by ten am I had a call from my bank saying they suspected fraud. Sure enough, they had about drained it. I worked there so what was left my manager had me transfer out and I did get it all back.

I also had where I opened an account and I turned down the debit card. the next day $40 was missing from my account. Again I worked there ad it said ATM transaction. I went to the lady that opened it and said, we have a problem. She said, you used your debit card. I told her I dot have a debit card. She got a panicked look. She attaché te next guys card to my account! I got that back too. She personally got it from the guy but there were a lot of mistakes from that bank an I think te first was an inside job. There were three employees that ended up with fraud on their accounts. Same branch. Seems suspicious to me. But banks are generally good at taking care of it in the event of fraud. It's not always quick but I think try have ten days in general to fix it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN