Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Maybe battery operated toys aren't so bad...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

Instead of rewarding the kids with money or toys for doing chores, I started rewarding them with batteries for all their dead toys lol. It's almost like Christmas when their toys start working again. And the tooth fairy left Tristan $5 so he bought some of his own batteries. He was such a nice big brother and shared some with Adelyn so they can get some of their trains working again. Now I have a little peace and quiet while they are playing with their old newly working toys!

Do you reward your lo's for doing chores?
Does your lo's have a lot of battery operated toys? Or do you avoid toys with batteris?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM
That is a brilliant idea!! Bran bought bean a recharger and batteries for Christmas and we can't find the batteries. Lol the recharger is on the rest and his toys are starting to die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Umm... OK so I seen my own title and it looked more like an adult topic LOL. 

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

They have rechargeable ones for their Leapsters because those ALWAYS die, but those batteries are to expensive to get for all the toys they have. And I haven't seen their leapsters in a while, its kinda quiet without them lol

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

That is a brilliant idea!! Bran bought bean a recharger and batteries for Christmas and we can't find the batteries. Lol the recharger is on the rest and his toys are starting to die.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hahaha I didn't think of an adult convo when I read it.

Beans mobigo batteries are dead and I can't find the wall plug. So it has been quiet. He has been playing with the wall tracks a lot and I am still afraid of getting hit in the head.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

They have rechargeable ones for their Leapsters because those ALWAYS die, but those batteries are to expensive to get for all the toys they have. And I haven't seen their leapsters in a while, its kinda quiet without them lol

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU, my friend, are a genius. You should pin that!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

lmao!

It's true though...;-D

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Umm... OK so I seen my own title and it looked more like an adult topic LOL. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

That is a really good idea!  We are always out of batteries.  Right now they get stars for the chores they do and after a certain number of stars they get a new book. 

scurnes
by Sara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM
That is a great idea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Joshua just got some wall tracks for his birthday. We haven't had a chance to set them up though.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Hahaha I didn't think of an adult convo when I read it.

Beans mobigo batteries are dead and I can't find the wall plug. So it has been quiet. He has been playing with the wall tracks a lot and I am still afraid of getting hit in the head.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
al10ev12
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM

That is a great idea :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN