Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

I have a procrastinating problem.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

Seriously.

I know I have to pack and organize Dd's clothes that don't fit anymore before we come home with new clothes. I've known that ALL week and today is the day we're going shopping for them (with my mother! *cue scary music*) and of course it's not done.

So I have roughly about two hours before we go to meet her at the store and am I getting up to put away her old clothes? 

Nope.

Have I done anything of the like?

Nope.

What am I doing? Oh I'm just sitting here contemplating making bread. *rolls eyes* I have this irrational fear of yeast! I dunno why, but it kinda freaks me out, like I said, irrational. Anyway, I would rather make bread than do what I'm supposed to be doing! Seriously, is that not ridiculously ridiculous??

It's not a matter of motivation, if I have the motivation to make bread then I'm sure I can gather up the motivation to do a chore. But nooooooooo, I procrastinate. 

Lord help me *head desk*

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like yeast. I have worked with it but I avoid it if I can. I know a baker who hates yeast is kind contrary but it is an odd substance. loves warm water and sugar I get but hates salt really??

I am making modeling chocolate I have about 4 degrees to cool down before I can add the syrup. And its been 10 min to get where I am from the highest temp. No one told me it was a long waiting process. I hate waiting. Plus I need to get it made so I can do the dishes.

Bran decorated cupcakes for his best friend last night and used twice the amount of dishes I have used all week for beans cake. And I gave him all my left over colored icing!! I have no clue what he was doing to make that many dishes. I made the cupcakes so I k.ow the dishes aren't from that.

Also I need to make another trip to the store to get green gel food coloring I ran out last night. Again I am blaming bran!.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I should do laundry lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I should be cleaning the house to get it ready to put on the market.........

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I procrastinate too but it's usually ecause I found something I like to do better. Today, I made three loaves of bread. I'm not afraid of yeast. I love yeast. It's so cool. I use yeast all the time. But se did also work on the kids' bedroom and you can actually see the floor again. Yippee! I do have to work on a photo and I suppose I have been procrastinating on that. Oh well. Back to bread. They are on their first rise about to go into their second.
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I procrastinate so bad. I don't even have any good excuses for it
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I should be doing anything but sitting here on my butt. Seriously. I hurt my back a week ago and its still giving me issues. But the more I sit still the more it hurts so its actually helpful to move around BUT I'm tired of being the only one moving around while others sit on their butts!

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

So.... did you get it done?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)