Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

I'm going to make bread bags...all done

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
**I finished them. Pics in replies. They came out pretty good. The one loaf barely fit but the second had some room to spare. **

Since I'm gifting two loaves of bread tomorrow I'm going to make bread bags. I'll make one for us to use too so three bags. I have to get them done tonight. Shouldn't take too long since its basically seeing two dish towels together and adding a draw string. I might just embroider my identifier on there too. We love fresh bread, it's keeping it fresh that gets to be the trick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

What's a bread bag?

sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Do you use a bread machine to make the loaves?

I keep bread fresh-er by storing it in the fridge.  We would never eat a whole loaf before it went bad, if I didn't keep it in the fridge.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM
A bag to put bread in to keep it fresh. I wanted them because I'm giving away two loaves tomorrow and wanted to put them in something that looked nice.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

What's a bread bag?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Ours kept about a week. That's how long it took us to eat it. We are finishing it off tonight but it's still good. I don't use a bread machine. It's all by hand. Here are the three from today.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

They are fennel seed loaves. They are really good. I experimented with out loaf and added rosemerry and more wheat flour then white. I wan to tackle sourdough one of these days but the "starter" dough takes two days. So I couldn't make it this weekend. We are going to someone's house tomorrow so we are taking the host and their guest a loaf.

Quoting sarahjz:

I keep bread fresh-er by storing it in the fridge.  We would never eat a whole loaf before it went bad, if I didn't keep it in the fridge.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Like a cloth bag?

Quoting mjimaging:

A bag to put bread in to keep it fresh. I wanted them because I'm giving away two loaves tomorrow and wanted to put them in something that looked nice.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

What's a bread bag?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Yes. It's made out of kitchen towels. I knew wrapping bread in kitchen towels was best do it could breath. Plastic collects moisture and you lose your crust.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Like a cloth bag?

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

What's a bread bag?

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I love making our own bread. But I like it plain old plain old.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Impressive and yum!!

Quoting mjimaging:

Ours kept about a week. That's how long it took us to eat it. We are finishing it off tonight but it's still good. I don't use a bread machine. It's all by hand. Here are the three from today.

They are fennel seed loaves. They are really good. I experimented with out loaf and added rosemerry and more wheat flour then white. I wan to tackle sourdough one of these days but the "starter" dough takes two days. So I couldn't make it this weekend. We are going to someone's house tomorrow so we are taking the host and their guest a loaf.

Quoting sarahjz:

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I like to experiment so I keep trying different things. It does have a sense of accomplishment though when you slice in to your own loaf.

Quoting heydooney:

I love making our own bread. But I like it plain old plain old.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Here they are, all done. So this is just te loaf on the bag...

And all cinched down in its bag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN