Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They wouldn't let me buy clothes :'-(

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I went to the ARC today. There wasn't much there but I did find 5 pairs of pants and 4 shirts for Dd, really cute little cupcake shirts. 

I waited 10 minutes in line to pay and when I get up the register she rings everything up and I hand over the debit card and she asks for my ID and so I give it to her but I tell her that the card is my husbands and the ID is mine and she wouldn't let me buy the clothes! 

Then she practically accused me of being a harlett! She said that it didn't matter if I called my husband, that it could be my boyfriend pretending to be him and that I could be divorced or seperated and just USING his card cause I wasn't wearing a wedding ring.

I was appalled! My ring is being re-sized so of course I'm not wearing a ring and who gives a flying fuck anyway??

I was SO so deeply embarassed and I shoved the clothes off the counter and walked out and then my mom took Claire to her house and I cried in the car. 

I'm just irrationally upset, I'm not going to go back there, but Dd needs clothes cause I packed up all her too small clothes and put them in the crawl space already. Anyway, I know it's ridiculous to cry over something so stupid but she didn't have to act that way! Like I was some woman in red letter, ya know?

So now I'm home, upset, and sitting here.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Wow, that is weird.  On the one hand, I guess it's good that she was trying to make sure you were who you said you were.  On the other, I think she went too far, especially referencing your not wearing a wedding ring.  

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
She should have just said I can't accept this card if the id doesn't match. She shouldnt have accepted the card. If your husband says I didn't make that purchase, the merchant is out. They accepted a card with out verifying its owner. You should have your own card. She should have been only to the point though and not mentioned anything beyond the ID not matching. She was unprofessional with the rest of the conversation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I can understand why she didn't take the card but she could of simply said why she couldn't accept it and not imply anything else - that was called for.

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Yeah that's pretty rude of her to say those things. I get the policy but really, NOT her place.

erinmichellej
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Wow...I am so sorry she treated you like that. I agree with others, she was probably right in not taking the card, but definitely shouldn't have made comments like that! I would be complaining to a manager once I got myself together (prob over the phone though, I wouldn't want to go back either)! I wonder what other horrible things she has said to people...

scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I totally agree!!

Quoting heydooney:

Yeah that's pretty rude of her to say those things. I get the policy but really, NOT her place.

nessarae114
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would call and complain. That is very unprofessional, all she needed to say was I'm sorry I can not accept a card that does not match the id. Her implying personal things about you is crossing the line (by quite a bit!)
mrsmahoney
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM
One time I was shopping at Forever 21. I politely asked one of the girls if they had a shirt I liked in a larger size. She rudely replied that they don't carry much in my size and to try another store like Deb's or Torrid. I was so appalled of the horrible customer service and stormed out. A week later I was still upset and went to talk to the manager. They said she no longer worked there. Don't give up the store because of one stupid girl. She probably won't be there when you go back :)
XnikoX
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I agree with everyone above. Ya even if its policy its frustrating but policy is policy. However she had no right to insult you the way she did. Displaying such bad professionalism that it makes me sick.  I had a similar kind of issue back when my husband was still in the navy. Because we were married right before he left and didnt have time to get all the necessary things done before he left he wound up leaving me his debit card so I could take care of bills.  Well the bank ended up cancelling the card. Ok..fine. My husband then turned around had legal on his ship draft up Power of Attorney papers so I could with draw money to take care of things and so I could find us an apartment to rent (was staying with a friend). He sent the proper paperwork that was signed by him and by legal. Took it into the bank and initially they said theyd have to have their legal department look it over and I should be good to go the next day. Ok. Great. The next day I called and they said that they couldnt accept it. I went down there all pissed off..  But was especially flabbergasted when they pointed to a part in the paper work that said I was allowed to draft up to 10 checks against my husbands account. They told me that it sounded suspicious. I told them what my husband said ...that legal asked him to give them a amount of checks I could write each month. THEN they bank dude basically says that for all they know I could drain his account because....I was a military wife and there is that whole stupid stereotype about woman marrying military men for the money. I slammed the Power of Attorney papers down on the table and hit the table where the papers were gesturing to them as I told them that "If I want to screw my husband over these papers give me that right." Or something like this...this was a couple years ago...and I was livid.  My husband ended up having to have legal draft up NEW papers and mail them to me with out that particular stipulation in it. But when I brought the new papers into the bank it was a different branch as I had moved into a new place. THEY were embarassed by how I was treated and said that it was probably that particular branch...not the bank. lol.

Anyway... enough ramlbing from me.  (Been sick...and bored lol)

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM

While I see why she couldn't accept the card even if you had called him, that just seems messed up that she started saying it could be a boyfriend or things like that.  She shouldn't legally accept it whether it is a boyfriend or a husband or anybody so why didn't she just say that she couldn't take it if it didn't have your name on it? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)