Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

EASTER EGG HUNT

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM
  • 16 Replies

So Easter is sneaking up on us. I want to take my daughter to her first Easter egg hunt. I am surprised to find how difficult it is to find any. When I was growing up it felt like they were at every park. I did find the Children's Museum is having a party. I'm down in Littleton and wondering if any parks are having a hunt.   

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I'm not near Littleton but here they have one in each town. Two of them are usually the same time in the morning and one is in the afternoon. I haven't seen any advertising for them yet though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I was thinking about taking DD on an Easter Egg hunt as well this year in Colorado Springs.

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I think it's best to find a church or other small organization. We took our kids to the one at the park last year (or the year before? IDR) and they got nothin'. It was a huge disappointment for them.

There was supposed to be no parent involvement and yet parents were knocking kids over, grabbing as much as they could and shoving them in their kids' basket. It was pretty despicable and nobody said a word to them.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Oh my gosh! It's just little plastic eggs with dime store candy, not worth shoving another persons 3 year old for! Thats why I don't like big public easter egg hunts like that with tons of people.

Quoting heydooney:

I think it's best to find a church or other small organization. We took our kids to the one at the park last year (or the year before? IDR) and they got nothin'. It was a huge disappointment for them.

There was supposed to be no parent involvement and yet parents were knocking kids over, grabbing as much as they could and shoving them in their kids' basket. It was pretty despicable and nobody said a word to them.

mymanben
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I have no idea.I have anxiety when it comes to large crowds and my son has pdd-nos and spd so he can't either....but here is a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:03 AM
You know now that you bring this up idk if I'll be going to the bigger Easter egg hunt here. They go by ages so that's a plus. There is a 3 & under that are allowed parents and there is always a "golden egg". One year a mom helped a little one get candy while the grandma ran out and got the golden egg before the kids did. It actually turned into a fight between parents. And last year was Tristan's first year in the 4-7 group where the adults aren't supposed to go in... but the did. So I told dh to go stand by him so he didn't get ran over. There were parents grabbing plastic eggs and chucking them into their kids baskets. Some kids baskets were overflowing and Tristan had barely gotten a handful. It was all over in less than 5 minutes. The parents have really taken the fun out of it that's for sure. There was even a news article about how rude the parents were so I wonder if they're going to do something different this year.

Quoting heydooney:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Not sure, we avoid the big public hunts.  Too many candy crazed people.

mom2theA-team
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

We went to the one at Copper Mountain last year but we ski:) It was a lot of fun... The children's museum one is much better tempered from what I've heard. A lot of the places in the Boulder/ Denver area have adults pushing their way through to help their kids... 

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Yep, this was sorted by ages too. They blew the whistle and all the parents ran in and filled up their kids' baskets, lol. Several of the eggs had special prizes, papers that you turned in and won a bike.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

You know now that you bring this up idk if I'll be going to the bigger Easter egg hunt here. They go by ages so that's a plus. There is a 3 & under that are allowed parents and there is always a "golden egg". One year a mom helped a little one get candy while the grandma ran out and got the golden egg before the kids did. It actually turned into a fight between parents. And last year was Tristan's first year in the 4-7 group where the adults aren't supposed to go in... but the did. So I told dh to go stand by him so he didn't get ran over. There were parents grabbing plastic eggs and chucking them into their kids baskets. Some kids baskets were overflowing and Tristan had barely gotten a handful. It was all over in less than 5 minutes. The parents have really taken the fun out of it that's for sure. There was even a news article about how rude the parents were so I wonder if they're going to do something different this year.

Quoting heydooney:

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
We have never done a big egg hunt. Usually we go to the assisted living center where my mom worked. Last year we did the one where bran worked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN