Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A good use of technology.

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

So todays lunch is Pita Pit AND they deliver! Bonus! 

However >_<

The kidlet is napping and there's no time I treasure more than naptime. Naptime is mommy's minecraft time. Naptime is mommy's lunch time (where I get to eat without being asked for some). And Naptime will soon be coming to an end for mommy when she starts her new job on Monday (it was good while it lasted). 

So I ask the pita pit delivery driver to PLEASE, for the love of god, do NOT ring the doorbell or knock when he/she gets here. Daisy just loooooves to bark. Barking = the end of nap time at which point the REAL fear will cease to be my dog and become suffering my wrath. If only looks really could kill. 

Anyway, a girl calls me, says "Ma'am, if we cant ring the doorbell or knock, how will you know when we're here." I politely explain to her that in the age of technology (and I explained in the note she must not have read all the way through) that cell phones are a perfectly acceptable and alternative form to ringing the door bell and they can use it to contact me. 

She went "Oh yeah! Okay! We're on our way." lol ooooooKAY there chickadee. Lol seriously, kids spend what? 80% of their time with their good friend technology and yet it doesn't occur to use it when the time is most logical.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
That's a good idea!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Ha ha how funny
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

laughing

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Sweet!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Some places have tried to call us, problem is, our area code doesn't match where we live and 9 times out of 10 they don't dial the area code so they don't get through. If they would just read the whole number.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Glad you got your lunch and kept naptime going!

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Bahaha! Once just to mess with the Jimmy John's driver we added a note to our online order: "Doorbell broken, please play xylophone" and we left my son's little toy xylophone on the porch, and sure enough he played a little tune for us! (The doorbell was broken but there was nothing wrong with knocking)

sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quoting heydooney:

Bahaha! Once just to mess with the Jimmy John's driver we added a note to our online order: "Doorbell broken, please play xylophone" and we left my son's little toy xylophone on the porch, and sure enough he played a little tune for us! (The doorbell was broken but there was nothing wrong with knocking)

That might be the funniest story ever!

Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Ha ha
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM
lmao I am so doing that next time.

Quoting heydooney:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)