Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

I haaaaate living so close to the houses around us.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

I want to live where I can't smell the neighbor's dog's crap or hear them barking all the time. I want to live where I can't hear couples yelling obscenities at each other, or at their kids. I want to live where my kids don't have to worry about neighbors stealing their stuff. 

Little Neighbor Girl was over here playing and her brother came to pick her up. I was putting her shoes on so I didn't see him but I heard Kalten ask, "where did you get those glasses?" and he said, "um, they're mine!" Took LNG and left. Five minutes later I got a knock at the door. A different neighbor girl was there with her mom, and she had LOST HER PRESCRIPTION GLASSES. I said Neighbor Boy had a pair, and she said they had just asked him and he said HE HADN'T SEEN ANY. WTF dude, they're GLASSES.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Oh honey! I do not blame you! I am so over my neighborhood! I went outback to go down and change the laundry there were a handful of kids yelling cuss words at each other. Elementary school age! I was so glad bean was in the house! Last night my downstairs neighbor went out to tell the idiot screaming in the street to be quiet or he would call the cops. We also have the moron who likes to light fireworks at 1 am cuz he has them and doesn't care. I am so over it all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakana2369
by Wendi on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM
If you don't mind me asking. Where do you live? I'm in an older neighborhood. So I don't have these troubles. We used to when we lived in Denver.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I've had older teenagers riding up and down the sidewalk on a minibike. Pretty sure it's against the law not to mention annoying! That's about the only problem I've had with neighborhood kids. There is one family that let's their dogs roam, it pisses me off. They're always tormenting my dogs until I let mine in. Plus they have like 5 dogs, and they have to be expensive dogs because there is a full blooded Boston terrier, pit bull they just got a couple months ago, a Chihuahua, and I don't know what the other two were. You'd think they would want to keep them in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Wow. That really annoying.
heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM

This is Grand Junction, really close to Clifton. It's a "nicer" neighborhood but I think everyone bought houses and then didn't want to live there so they rent them to others. I know all of my neighbors rent, and have seen for rent signs in various other places. We rent, but honestly I think it's the renters who are the problem. Not us, of course ;)

Quoting jakana2369:

If you don't mind me asking. Where do you live? I'm in an older neighborhood. So I don't have these troubles. We used to when we lived in Denver.

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

There are some great kids in the neighborhood. Aaaand there are some I'd like to hit their parents with a shovel.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I've had older teenagers riding up and down the sidewalk on a minibike. Pretty sure it's against the law not to mention annoying! That's about the only problem I've had with neighborhood kids. There is one family that let's their dogs roam, it pisses me off. They're always tormenting my dogs until I let mine in. Plus they have like 5 dogs, and they have to be expensive dogs because there is a full blooded Boston terrier, pit bull they just got a couple months ago, a Chihuahua, and I don't know what the other two were. You'd think they would want to keep them in.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
weird
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You can live near ME! lol my neighborhood is awesome! Always quiet and thats the way I like it.

jakana2369
by Wendi on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Lol. I had the same feelings when we live in downtown Denver. We live in a neighborhood that most people don't know its here. I also think we are the youngest family. When I meen there all older like my grandparents age. I don't let me kids play in front or at other people houses (except people I know) at first I felt we were in the retirement community but now we love it.

Quoting heydooney:

There are some great kids in the neighborhood. Aaaand there are some I'd like to hit their parents with a shovel.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM

:'(

Bad neighbors are the WORST!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN